World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aquired a mould to make mackerel spinners, when you first make them they are shiny due to the lead being new from the mould. after a short period they become dull, is there any way of keeping the shine on them or do you have to spray them with silver paint or some other material? regards DAVE

·
Registered
21,123 Posts
I have aquired a mould to make mackerel spinners, when you first make them they are shiny due to the lead being new from the mould. after a short period they become dull, is there any way of keeping the shine on them or do you have to spray them with silver paint or some other material? regards DAVE
:laugh:Never seen them but I should imagine that tin foil or baco foil would do or a reflective/holographic tape. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Newly made Lead lures will always dull,so you can either varnish them to keep the shine. Or paint them,or plastic coat them. Or use stick on holographic strips that some angling shops sell. Or buy adhesive foil and cut it to the required size/shape and stick it on.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have had some success making lead lures from a mould I bought in France several years ago. The mould cast 2 lures of 28 and 42 gm and you had to use a wire through the mould to attach hook and swivel. I tried spraying them with chrome paint, looked lovely, lasted about ten minutes when fishing. Bloke recommended a chrome plastic coating from a motorbike custom shop, put hot lure in powder, then heat over gas flame. Worked a treat, as long as you do it before you attach hook and swivel. Somebody "borrowed" the mould a couple years back and I never saw him or the mould again!!! Think the mould was called Les Peche Stingers, but not sure. What mould you using?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Looks very similar to the one I had, but mine, you had to put a wire through. Should do the biz, what weight are they?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Those lures would weigh more than most of the fish I catch!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts