World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is the first time i have used this forum so here goes.

Has anyone done spinning at night for bass? and if so what plugs or lures to use?

·
Registered
138 Posts

Has anyone done spinning at night for bass? and if so what plugs or lures to use?
Hi mate welcome to the fold

Try darker lures or jointed plugs for night time spinning but very difficult to master the art whilst it is dark but not impos ,, if you never spun before i would recomend to get used to it in daylight where you wish to try first or you will injure yourself ,,, or use a small headlight but avoid shinning it at the water tho if around rock marks or surf
tight lines to yaa

go get em

·
Registered
11,112 Posts

hi, welcome to the site.

it.ll be interesting to see whats said on this post. i would have thought spinning near to the surface to try to create some sort of silouete would help.

anyone tried, charged/luminous lures?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Poppers and shallow runners have done well for me in total darkness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lucky Craft Flash Minnow - blue back and bright yellow sides plus a rapala jointed J13 painted all black.
Not done enough night plugging to be sure what works the best yet but both those lures have caught bass at night for me to date.
I reckon surface dog walkers could be good though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had success with a j 13 in blue at night. only tried it because getting no bites on bottom so to stop the boredom started plugging again and have had Bass to 6lb that was in Plymouth sound last Aug. Try anything it might just work. Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts

:fishing1: Any plugs will work on a clear night however try tipping the lure with a small piece of luminous material before the lure, youll find it has spectacular results !

·
Registered
187 Posts
i have, in the past, threaded a tip light onto my line a couple of inches above the lure. this attracts the fish initially then they see/feel the plug moving on the surface.

best way to do it is to cut the sleeve that comes with a tip light in two and thread both pars onto the line. then simply push the light into both sleeves and cast out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts