World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Long shot, having not caught a bass via spinning just wanted some advice on where a decent spot would be?

Thinking of heading out Saturday.

WSF Primary Administrator.
Try asking in the Bass lure forum :)

Registered
Aberthaw power station. Spin off the dome to the right . Let the high water come in around the dome but be cautious better still try an stick with someone experienced there. Guaranteed 100% you will catch bass mostly schoolies but there is bigger bass there as I know. Red gills will catch them without a doubt. When u start spinning there you will get addicted to it.

Registered
Any high Tide you will catch. State of weather is more important. Sunny with some cloud cover is best. And if the pumps are on the bass will be biting in they 100s

Registered
Might be a nursery area but nobody can see in the water an say yes that's a definite breeding ground. It's a place you are guaranteed to catch bass and I don't take them home it's only a sport to me so catch and release. And I have caught plenty of nice sized bass down there I don't bother posting my sessions or catches on here cause there's always that one beauty who tries to slate you .

Registered
Might be a nursery area but nobody can see in the water an say yes that's a definite breeding ground. It's a place you are guaranteed to catch bass and I don't take them home it's only a sport to me so catch and release. And I have caught plenty of nice sized bass down there I don't bother posting my sessions or catches on here cause there's always that one beauty who tries to slate you .
Not trying to slate anyone just stating the obvious mate

Registered
Not trying to slate anyone just stating the obvious mate
Same thing as fishing aberavon beach mate. I caught roughly 30 schoolies to one in between 2lb -3lb. I think where ever you fish for bass now the ban is in place out of season you are going to catch schoolies in double figures. The bigger ones u got to be fishing rough ground where u know there's peelers in numbers and that's aberthaw for sure. The bass there are a definite improvement on the last couple of years. After my next trip there I might take some pics an post them here. I been a member on this site for years and one thing you learn is everyone posts they're catches on here but no info on where they fished. But I will always put up where I catch fish plus tide an weather states to help others out. Sunday looks a real good day for realing in the bass. Happy fishing

Registered
Loughor is very good for bass aswell , water clarity is poor so use somthing that vibrates and i dont mean something from ann summers
. Red flying C with a gold blade is lethal down there . I dont fish there unless its under 6.5 meters as the tides there are very dangerous.
Gd luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts