World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondered what lure everyone finds most productive for Sea Trout? Someone told me that spinners with red on them are best - is this true?

Cheers

bob :)

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
well i caught three sea trout last week, on a dexter wedge. it was silver with a bit of red in it.

so i guess it does help.

good luck!!

Jamie

·
Registered
213 Posts
When i spin for them in freshwater i use very small rapalas in brown/rainbow trout patterns but these would not be suitable for sea fishing due to weight size ect.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
is it correct that you need a game fishing licence to catch sea trout?even in the sea?
i remember catching(and scoffing them) when i was a kid.
:secret:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi

Just wondered what lure everyone finds most productive for Sea Trout? Someone told me that spinners with red on them are best - is this true?

Cheers

bob :)
we used to use the small mepps spinners in fresh water,deadly when the water is coloured

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
is it correct that you need a game fishing licence to catch sea trout?even in the sea?
i remember catching(and scoffing them) when i was a kid.
:secret:
When I phoned the EA recently on this the guy who answered said "yes, if you're using a no. 4 mepps you'll need a license". 2 questions answered I feel.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It is probably best to take all shapes/sizes and colours with you when sea trout fishing. One of the things that attracts me to sea trout fishing.......in the sea.........is their unpredictability. Once they get past the "starving" stage and have put on condition again.......by May up here.........then they are not easy to catch. So increase your chances by varying the menu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts