World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eh up folks,

hope all's well with everyone!! got speaking to a lad thats desperate to take up sea fishing and all he's ever done is spin at a fish farm for trout before so i thought I'd start him off spinning from the shore somewhere in scotland but don't have a clue where to take him!!
can anyone give me a clue as to where to take him for a day out spinning in scotland where he's "likely" to catch something ie, pollock etc...
any help would be greatly appreciated!

F

·
0 Posts
Depends on how far you are willing to travel?
I would personally take him over the west coast to a decent set of rock marks and start there. If the sea state is calmish then decent coalfish and pollock will be around.
I have just come back from the Isle of Skye where the spin fishing is fantastic

Spin fishing thread

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright flounder, gonna make a weekend of it... take the tent, bbq etc so not fussy bout distance! just after a couple of decent locations where we can go! he'll probably take his young son as well so if we can catch some fish it'll make the wee one's day!!

F

·
0 Posts
In that case i can honestly say that i have never failed to catch when spinning on the Isle of Skye.

I have never tried the south side of the island yet but i hope to recify that soon.

As i said i would personally try the west coastline as i think that is the best side for spinning. But someone else might come up with different places.
In the end i hope you and the lad have a cracking time and catch fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts