World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone-great site and informative forums-I used to fish as a kid and have rediscovered the joys of the sport. Have no probs with floats and off the bottom but I dont seem to be getting the results when it comes to spinning :mad: . I am using silver shrimps, ABU Tobys and metal sand eel imitators. Are there any tips anyone can give me?

All the best

·
Registered
64 Posts
alright mate ,when i spin i find letting spinner sink abit i usually give a slow count of 5 on retriveing have rod tip pointing down it will keep lure deep also work it abit with fast ,slow retrive and jerk it abit hope this can be some use to you good luck. also try using sprat lure something about 24,28 grams

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Being from Cornwall, you should have no problem catching with lures. Try targeting Pollock first. Use your spinners and get some jelly worms and jelly twin tails as well. Look for rocky reef areas and kelp beds - and pollock will not be far away.

I find lead heads good, as the hook usually fishes point up - and therefore reduces snagging. Also the single hook means you can fish close to the bottom and weed beds without losing too much gear.

I also use strong braid to help pull out of kelp.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Have stolen from a previous poster do apologise to who gave the idea but a good idea is to cut down a set of lures (normally sold as a set of five hooks) use the 3 with a weight use the other two with a heavy spinner as the weight. Will be trying this technique when i hit the dorset coast (Thanks to to the info from Bassbites).

Woodster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts