World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I'm looking for some help here I know this site is usually very helpful when i've looked for information in the past.

I have a friend who I took out fishing in loch long last week, he lives in aberdeen but after managing to catch his first fish (a mackie, always a good place to start) the big man is hooked on fishing.

I've only taken him spinning and showed him how to use a spinner and feathers, so at the moment he is limited to this kind of fishing.He stays near torry at the docks and would like to fish locally as he does not want to travel far distances.

Can I ask you areas where he can fish then, just spinning at the moment until I get a chance to show him some bait fishing and rigs etc. He loved catching his first fish so I'm wondering where he could fish and what he may be likely to catch.

Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
There are many places to spin from the rocks for pollock and mackerel right now.

As he is a novice, maybe try telling him to go to Red Rock (about 3 miles south of Torry).

If he goes in settled weather it is safe to fiish, and not hard to get to. It can get busy there, but at least this will give him the chance to meet people and ask for advice maybe.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for the information on this, exactly what he'd be looking at doing at the moment.

Just would like somewhere he can safely fish and hopefully catch something spinning.

I've got him decked out in a decent spinning outfit just now, he's got some spinners and some feathers so hopefully he'll enjoy his new found hobby.

Thanks for both replies thus far, great advice, any other replies and suggestions appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.