World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could any one tell me of any good rock marks in or around northumberland way where i could take spinning rods and fish for pollack/ mackerel apart from the piers of the tyne and wear... want to try somewere different...... any info would be nice..... could float fishing be done as well :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
you could try cullernose point from the rocks using spinning or float tackle it is as good as anywhere at this time of the year.a good cod mark during winter too.if you want to venture a little further. eyemouth from the rocks behind the caravan park is a good spinning venue i generally use a spinner baited with ragworm just a little strip will give you more positive takes.good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try Newbiggin beacon - this weekend should be good with the big high tides - sea needs to be flat'ish - Lynemouth (Lyneburn) can be good for mackeral on a big tide with a flat sea.

Arnie

·
Registered
42 Posts
try dunstunburugh castle ther r loads of mackrel there at the moment,there is also the ocasional pollack and coalfish, it is a good days fishing this time of year. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i wouldnt try the beacons at newbiggin lyk..neva nawt there..very poor mark...anyone got any reports of fish at stranrear??

·
Registered
392 Posts
+1 for dunstanburgh.... have found an overnight stay and fishing in the early am very productive at times .... gimme a pm if you want to come up may be able to join you

·
Registered
2 Posts
definately dunstanburgh castle :):clap3::notworthy
i went to the castle on monday night with 2 of my mates..got 30 odd mackerel between us fiew podlers 1 canny coaly spinning with a lawn..tried dead baiting off the side got afiew good bites but nothing special........

N

·
0 Posts
i went to the castle on monday night with 2 of my mates..got 30 odd mackerel between us fiew podlers 1 canny coaly spinning with a lawn..tried dead baiting off the side got afiew good bites but nothing special........
Well done nice to know the fishing has picked up and mackys are in up the castle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i fish at dunston point and usually catch mackerel, had a few wrasse there aswell, cullernose point ive also herd is good especially in the winter for cod, another good place is on walkworth beach on a large breakwater called north side, i used to fish there alot for mackerel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts