World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading over to the island for a few days next week with the wife (Wed - Fri) and was planning on taking my spinning rod and having a go for bass a few hours. Based in Ventnor but would be willing to travel to any decent marks if anyone is willing to suggest where to go?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hey john. Sorry to say that to my knowledge the spinning has not started yet other than a few `hit and miss` shoals of mackerel showing up along the back of the wight
Your best bet would be to try wading out on the rocks at brook ledge for any chance of a bass or roam the beaches of chale, atherfield or brook at early morning or mid to late evening for mackerel.

·
Registered
158 Posts
John
I think its still a little early for plugging but they are catching plenty of Gars off of Sandown pier if you want a bit of fun,they will take a wedge but your best off float fishing with half a sandeel on a size 4,great fun.You could try plugging from the rocks around Ventnor Harbour,it does produce Bass but as I said think it may be a little early,good luck anyway

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
im going to try and spin for bass on portland bill, has anyone heard of a success in that area??

i will be using diving lures, jelly worms, shads and poppers.

Jamie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts