World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have broken my shimano spinning rod :bye2: and want to get something a bit different. I have been looking at getting a CTS elite blank, i was just wondering if anybody has any experience with one? I am going to be using lots of different lures from spoons to plugs. any help please!

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use a Veals Mike Ladle pro 1010, great rod with a nice whip to it. £135 and made by Daiwa, coupled with a Daiwa exceler 3500, varivas bass braid and a flouro leader.

Nice light rod and when the bass hit it, the rod comes to life and is a joy to use.

Works great and dosen't cost a fortune

The speel:
Mike Ladle Surespin 1010 Pro
10' 10'' 3pce 15 -50gms
The 1010 Pro has been designed by ourselves in conjunction with Mike Ladle and of course the Daiwa factory in Scotland who build the rod for us. The 11' 2 pce Surespin has proved to be such a fantastic and "right" rod that to improve it and keep to the same price point would be very difficult. With the huge increase in the popularity of bass lure fishing we have senced the need for a rod offering that little bit extra for the more decerning and demaning angler. It was from this that the 1010 Pro was born.
The most obvious differnce is that it is a three piece blank which is also a fraction lighter than the original two piece. the action is crisper and a bit more steely in the tip. This gives improved casting performance and helps when working surface lures. The abreviated handle is made from top quality cork and surrounds a Daiwa Tournament GraphiteGrip winch which is very comfortable to hold.
The lightweight single leg gunsmoke finished lined rings do not hamper the action of the blank and are saltwater resistant.
(approx rod weight 210gms)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts