World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been give a okuma classic m/ply looks ok still newish ..has got l/wind on.
was thinking of practising casting with it over fields buy me before get decent one can i ask first there seems to be a sort of dust cap missing of the spool float should i be able to get one?and also would it be better to take off the l/winder.
thanks gormo :g:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Contact okuma they should be able to sort you out with one i spect you will just have to tell them the model.As for the levelwind personally i would remove it id did not find it hard atall to lay the line without it but if your are not confident doing this then leave it by all means

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks think will leave it on till bit more confident have contacted okuma last week no joy as yet may have to phone them may be faster ..thanks

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I've got an Okuma Classic, not a bad reel till the level wind gearing gave out the other day, I disconected the level wind, taking out the gears that operate it, but leaving in the worm and bars on the cage, take away the guide. The reason for leaving the crossbars and worm drive is if you take them out you leave four holes that will let the elements inside your reel. By the way it casts much better now. :)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
As for the "dust cap", just been and checked mine, the only thing I can find that is anything like a dust cap is situated near the handle under the star drag. If this is what you are talking about it is the adjuster for the spool itself and you will have trouble setting your reel up until you replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts