World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - I apologize as it has been a few years since my last visit here to WSF. We have been very lucky as we have been busy operating, and expanding the lodge, over the past few years with some good success...and the fishing has been pretty good too! The recent virus situation has shut the lodge down temporarily so I have quite a bit of time on my hands. I hope that everyone is weathering this hiatus well and enjoys the report and pictures!

Sport Fish Panama Island Lodge - February 2020 - Fishing Report and Pics

February 2020 was another good one here at Sport Fish Panama Island Lodge! We hosted 8 great groups here at our boutique lodge on Isla Paridas, 10 miles off the Pacific coast of Panama. And did a few day charters out of nearby Boca Chica in our three big 33' World Cat fishing machines!

The fishing action was a roller coaster ride of emotion as we had bunch of really great days and a few really slow ones. The water offshore was warmer than usual and the fish got a bit lethargic...and sometimes really picky. We did see a lot of activity out there, as usual, but a few days were pretty frustrating as the Tunas especially were fixated on on their prey and wouldn't bite any of our offerings. We did however...keep at it, stayed positive, and caught some really impressive fish with our clients!!!

Thanks so much to all of our new, and returning clients, for choosing our lodge!

Enjoy the pics!

Capt. Shane Jarvis

IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1758.jpg
IMG_1768.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 9.01.55 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 9.01.54 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-15 at 8.21.07 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 8.51.53 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 9.24.42 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-11 at 9.24.38 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-14 at 6.39.33 AM (1).jpeg

·
Registered
207 Posts
Always on the look out for new places to go Post Apocalypse, a couple of questions;-

Do you offer a "fillet, vac pack and freeze service for clients fish?

Do any of you boats have a very simple swivel seat for clients who are not comfortable fishing stood up?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you offer a "fillet, vac pack and freeze service for clients fish?

Do any of you boats have a very simple swivel seat for clients who are not comfortable fishing stood up?
Yes and No.

We always fillet our fish on the boat immediately and put right on ice. Then if clients want to take fish home we have a commercial vacuum sealer that we use to seal 12' x 12' 3mm bags. We trim the fillets, vacuum seal, and freeze for $14/bag. We also have small wheeled coolers for sale here at the lodge if needed.

We do not have a seat or any type of fighting chair on our boats. We have Black Magic and Aftco stand up harnesses and gimbal plates though.

I think you'll find that the quality and condition of our boats and equipment far exceed what you may have experienced at the other lodges here. I hope someday you can see for yourself?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, it will be good when we have some sort of timescale to start to make some plans.............Must be a dreadful time for all the lodges and their staff.
You're welcome. We will be back at hosting groups the day the travel ban here is lifted. In the interim we are making the best of it and finishing some improvements to the lodge out here on the island. We're adding another 3 bedroom/3 bath private guest house. I'll be sure to post some pics of it soon. Here's a video of the lodge and grounds from a year ago...

:) Great but don't you dress for dinner? ;)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts