World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to fishing and I've been a few times at sidmouth, Dawlish and torquay, but I'm based in Exminster and was wanting a place within 20/25 mins of there; did okay with mackies at sidmouth and Dawlish but apart from that I've not caught a lot.

My current gear is just a 9ft spinning rod and mainly 20/30g lures and a few daylights/tinsels, real basic stuff.

Anyone got any decent little spots around that I could have a crack at? Not asking for the best spots, just any to get me started!

Cheers all!
Josh

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Try Exmouth harbour wall bit of rag on flapper rig should get Warsse around there with that set up give it another month and should start seeing mackerel come in too but might be worth investing in a beach caster nothing fancy then trying off the beach at budliegh for dogs straps and alike orso possible plaice there mate plenty of affordable gear on the market if you do put post up ere and I help you out mate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try Exmouth harbour wall bit of rag on flapper rig should get Warsse around there with that set up give it another month and should start seeing mackerel come in too but might be worth investing in a beach caster nothing fancy then trying off the beach at budliegh for dogs straps and alike orso possible plaice there mate plenty of affordable gear on the market if you do put post up ere and I help you out mate
joe, don't suppose you've been out in the last few days have you? I'm looking to go out tonight and just wondering what spots might be decent. thought i'd fish either side of high tide this eve, maybe Teignmouth or Exmouth but not sure. Tips?!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I’d be heading to either budliegh seAton or branscome an trying for a hound over high if it was me mate macs around as well snag a couple of they fresh bait for gurnard or maybe a ray ma bute

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn’t have much time on my hands tbf mate so just headed down to Teignmouth but there was 4 or 5 of us dotted along the beach and absolutely no fish in sight! I’m down in Cornwall for a week now though so I’ll see if I can have more luck down here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts