World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I had to give credit where it's due. I ordered a pair of 13 foot supercasts the other day and they arrived the following morning which was stated by the shop and I was very grateful for. When I opened the tube and got the rods out one of the coasters fell to bits.
I phoned the shop up and a new coaster winged it's way to me the day after that. I just thought how helpful the guys are there and what a great service. Don't think I need to hunt around the internet next time as I will just return to this shop. Thanks lads if any of you are looking in.:thumbs:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Very good retailer, I have bought a couple of reels from them along with a TDXS129 a couple of years ago.

Have heard good reports from others also.

Glad they are still doing things right!

·
Registered
51 Posts
not always good service- kept me waiting for a couple of weeks for a £300 order, kept telling me- the order is coming tomorrow(shimano stuff) then it doesn't, then a couple of days later, no, it didn't, this went on for a couple of weeks before i cancelled and got it all,next day,cheaper, from Poingdestres, now that was good service.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I emailed them about two weeks ago asking if they had stock of a particular rod before ordering !! Never heard anything back !! So I guess they dont want my money !

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've had good service from Spotty Dog. I have bought several items from them, and twice had to return a rod (through no fault of the retailer - one was badly made and the other damaged in transit). Each time they responded very promptly and replaced the rods with goods that were more than satisfactory. I would gladly buy from them again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
not always good service- kept me waiting for a couple of weeks for a £300 order, kept telling me- the order is coming tomorrow(shimano stuff) then it doesn't, then a couple of days later, no, it didn't, this went on for a couple of weeks before i cancelled and got it all,next day,cheaper, from Poingdestres, now that was good service.
Similar situation for me unfortunatley
The guy tried but i just needed the gear so cancelled and got from........

http://www.reelfishing.co.uk/ was there the following day!

Shame as i wanted to keep my order with spottydog but just couldn't keep hoping and wondering what and when i was going to get!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice rods m8 ;)
and by the way you still owe me 25 lug lol

all the best m8

andy
hi andy-hope you are keeping well.just remembered about the worms. sent them second class last sunday.guy said they should be with you by the end of the month.:)

some mixed feelings amongst us with regards various retailers. guess you can only go by the service you personally receive. interesting to read of others experiences though.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
i orderd a floatation suit paid fpr it never turned up for 3 weeks evry time i phoned was told it was on its way to me when it did tuen up the bag it was ment to be in was missing more phone callas more lies in the end a futher 2 weeks bag turned up no apoliges nothing so they will never have my money again i hate dealing with lieing shops theres a lot of firms shops who tell the truth spottydog aint one of them steer clear

·
Registered
410 Posts
hi andy-hope you are keeping well.just remembered about the worms. sent them second class last sunday.guy said they should be with you by the end of the month.:)

im pretty well mate ;)

by the way i dont need the worms till the end of september lol

all the best

andy

·
Registered
275 Posts
last time I used them was over a year ago (spottydog) and they sent the same order twice and charged me twice. I phoned and was told to send back the 2nd item (at my expense) and they would refund me.

Sent item back recorded delivery and even though it was signed for they said it haddn't arrived. It was only a pair of Shimano polarized glasses and to be honest I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of taking it any further.

Another vote for Reelfishing though, used them many many times and always excellent service :victory:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Placed an order for £1100 for two new rods and four reels with Spotty Dog Tackle over the phone, that was my 1st mistake ! Told I would have to wait three weeks for one of the rods so told him to post the whole order together when it was complete as I was in no hurry. Three weeks passed still nothing, phoned Spotty Dog and I was told the rod was still not in stock yet. Four weeks passed, phoned again and spoke to someome else in the shop only to be told my order had been complete for a couple of weeks now ????? Reckoned they had accidently shredded my order and had lost my details (They had also been emailed twice !!!) Anyway to cut a long story short gear arrived, two rods and only three reels !!! Phoned the shop again, most apologetic and assured me the reel would be with me the next day. Three weeks later after neumerous phone calls and unanswered emails I was in the area so popped in the shop and picked the reel up in person. I do not think he was quite expecting that one !!! Most apologetic and red faced. I had used them before with no problems but I will not ever use him again. He will very rarely answer emails, he has an excellent catalogue of excuses over the phone but once bitten, I will use Summerlands from now on.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Placed an order for £1100 for two new rods and four reels with Spotty Dog Tackle over the phone, that was my 1st mistake ! Told I would have to wait three weeks for one of the rods so told him to post the whole order together when it was complete as I was in no hurry. Three weeks passed still nothing, phoned Spotty Dog and I was told the rod was still not in stock yet. Four weeks passed, phoned again and spoke to someome else in the shop only to be told my order had been complete for a couple of weeks now ????? Reckoned they had accidently shredded my order and had lost my details (They had also been emailed twice !!!) Anyway to cut a long story short gear arrived, two rods and only three reels !!! Phoned the shop again, most apologetic and assured me the reel would be with me the next day. Three weeks later after neumerous phone calls and unanswered emails I was in the area so popped in the shop and picked the reel up in person. I do not think he was quite expecting that one !!! Most apologetic and red faced. I had used them before with no problems but I will not ever use him again. He will very rarely answer emails, he has an excellent catalogue of excuses over the phone but once bitten, I will use Summerlands from now on.
No doubt about it in my mind, you should've got some kinf of good will gesture there, dunno what...10% refund, maybe even just enough line and shock leader to fill all yr reels, or something? Mightve put you in a slightly better mood,lol

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
i will never use them again - broke a rod and sent it back to them - never got a reply to emails, and never called back when they said they would - when the rod was replaced by the manufacturer they left it in their warehouse for weeks, didnt return my calls, and eventually returned it to the manufacturer to send on to me - total rubbish - any decent retailer would have sent it immediately when they realised their mistake and apologised profusely, not sent it back to the makers and delayed it even more. :wacko:

5 weeks now since i sent it off, and 3 weeks since it was replaced and its still not back.

use a decent shop like poingdestres or gerrys. :victory:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts