World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a good nite for fishing for me and jacky but it was a good night to scope our local mark out and see exactly what were fishing at cullercoats, the tides were massive, high tide was nearly over the harbour walls.
And at low I've never seen the Sea go out as far in my life.
The amount of land it exposed was amaizing. I think it will be a class spot for picking crabs on a spring tide. And even better for leads and shockleaders coz the place is a graveyard.
Down the steps from the prom just north of the harbour, we jumped on the biggest skeer and were able to go out miles man usually 100-150yards is far enough we must have went out 300+
The sea was flatter then dot cottons tits to we didn't expect much really. Missed 1 massive fish though, the thing pulled the tripod over and both rods went crashing onto the rocks(my bot twitches when that happens incase one of my top eyes pops) we both started scrambling about on the rocks to see who's bait this beast had took, both struck at the same time and bang! We were simultaneously snagged ******!!!!
Gutted anyways the night didn't get much better apart from the geographic lesson we had of our mark, mannaged a couple of good pics, one of them looks almost fake like a movie scene or summit ha, sorry its not a very good report, but the next ones gunna be full of double figure pigs. Honestly :whistling:
Screenshot_20190123-193117_Gallery.jpg
20190123_193455.jpg
Screenshot_20190123-193247_Gallery.jpg
20190123_193944.jpg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fancied a few hours myself but with these bigger tides the marks I usually fish from tend to loose to much water especially over the hard ground a sea of kelp shows itself making fishing harder than usual same for beach at the moment I know they'll not be a great deal of water left plus took a look the other day water was fairly clean not the best of conditions
That's exactly what happened mate the kelp seemed to be much more of a pain and I lost more gear then usually do.
Is that always the case on a spring tide at kelpy marks? If so il stay away from that mark next time

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice 1 mate il give the softer ground a go. Il try anything different to improve the catch rate lol

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The left and right both look a good chuck over high water. Don't forget that fishing them at low as the tide runs out or in is worth a chuck as well. Did you just fish straight out in front ? The rock formations look as though you should be aiming to the left or right by quite a bit as it will be much deeper water. Those fingers of rock will extend quite a way into the sea and you could be fishing over very shallow reefs. It sort of go's against the grain not to hurl it as far as you can against the horizon but you need to put it where the fish are and its often closer than you think.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The left and right both look a good chuck over high water. Don't forget that fishing them at low as the tide runs out or in is worth a chuck as well. Did you just fish straight out in front ? The rock formations look as though you should be aiming to the left or right by quite a bit as it will be much deeper water. Those fingers of rock will extend quite a way into the sea and you could be fishing over very shallow reefs. It sort of go's against the grain not to hurl it as far as you can against the horizon but you need to put it where the fish are and its often closer than you think.
Thanks for the tips Mick, there always appreciated mate. yes we were chucking into the left gulley mate cos apparently it's the deeper of the 2 mate. At high water you can only really get into the left gulley and 2 gulleys further left aswell, coz you can only fish from the prom itself until about an hour into the ebb then you can try going onto the north wall. about 2.5 hours in and you can jump on the skeer we were on and follow it out mate. We've always done better off the rocks to the south of the harbour mate

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thats what i use to do follow the tide out and fish in the gulleys

·
Registered
216 Posts
Strong north north westerlys forecast for much of tomorrow micky so i think maybe shield pier will be difficult to fish, so i was thinking the prom next to crawleys would be a better option. The wind will be owa wa' heeds as its sheltered but its into fairly deep water still.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Strong north north westerlys forecast for much of tomorrow micky so i think maybe shield pier will be difficult to fish, so i was thinking the prom next to crawleys would be a better option. The wind will be owa wa' heeds as its sheltered but its into fairly deep water still.
Yes I'm luving anything like that mate, can you get down onto rocks at all up that way mate?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Browns bay yes ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
another spot on report Micky, I'm looking forward to a day out with you up there as soon as I can.
Cheers Mark, yes mate i think the lures will do good up behind the castle apparently some good pollock up there pall

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Lure will work there for pollock, but not yet. I'd wait until after Easter for the pollock, and even that is early.
We will probably be there in May, I'm sat here with a broken leg mending..LOL! And, on top of that I got a driving ban that ends April 21st so waiting is a must anyway, but thanks for the advice, it's always appreciated from some one like yourself who knows the local mark.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts