World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that the Suffolk long-liners are having problems with large amounts of spurdogs, for which they have no quota.
How come these never turn up in shore anglers catches, especially the deep marks like Orford? Wrong baits? Probably not, the liners use squid the same as us. Spurdogs are even rare for boat anglers. They must be aggregated in offshore areas that are not fished by anglers.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
I hear that the Suffolk long-liners are having problems with large amounts of spurdogs, for which they have no quota.
How come these never turn up in shore anglers catches, especially the deep marks like Orford? Wrong baits? Probably not, the liners use squid the same as us. Spurdogs are even rare for boat anglers. They must be aggregated in offshore areas that are not fished by anglers.
you can get them of orford island some came of there 2 years ago

·
Registered
211 Posts
We had some catches of Spurdog off of Bacton and Walcot in the late 70s In our dingy about 2 miles off , we would find what we called the second bar
with the echo sounder, they were good fish into double figures great fun on light gear, when up tide casting was the new buzz word, I d'ont think
we realised how good them times were.
Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts