World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well what a night , from the start we intended to go light and not take much gear so we left our boxes and buckets at home tonight as we new we had a bit of a walk from the north fort carpark so it was rucksacs for us , got onto the pier set the rods up had 2 pier ones out trying for a bream and 2 float rods out for garfish , tonight diddent feel right if you know what i mean not having your proper stuff with you going to use it and realising you left it back home in your box , so onto the fishing casted out my washing line rig for the garfish then went sorted my pier rods out when scorpio went running to grab my rod as was nearly going over to find a small boat came in so close it nearly wiped my rod out but i lost my float gear , so bad start for me . was really good start with us catching wrasse of all kinds ballen wrasse , corkwing wrasse , gold sinny wrasse , we were joined after an hour by my mum and her partner dave who is really a river fisherman but wanted come down have a go , then short while after maccyman ( mark) joined us , so were getting a good getogether going for this session , so now most of us are catching wrasse with the odd pout chucked in , i had a few pollock after that with rockling , blennys throw in aswell but couldent get this bream , was great to see and meet up with boybilly again and taking onboard some good info on hook sizes to get amongst the smaller fish scorpio changed his hooks and what a difference but the bream still avoiding me after about 1 hour 30 mins boybilly had to go to a meeting but said might pop back later , so carried on fishing more pollock pouting wrasse , so had a go at a bit of maccying now just have a change and bang straight into mackerel what a nice sight catching them on the stone pier most i had on a string was 3 but scorpio was on fire with them with a string of 5 and string of 4 , later again boybilly turned up again for a fish this time bringing his daughter along with him nice to meet her had a bit of a laught , but she had the last laught on me as me and boybilly were chatting his daughter took his rod to have a fish she started of with few small pout , then heard she had a fish on only to find she landed herself a BREAM couldent believe it all night been trying and his daughter straigh in on one , was beaten by a girl again , then around 11-00 everyone was getting decent sized pollock just over the 1lb mark maccyman had a cracking pollock on the night . i must of had over 40 again tonight , but ill be back for that bream . also there were loads massive spider crabs there tonight i had 9 big ones .

species i caught tonight = mackerel , pouting , pollock , ballen wrasse , corkwing wrasse , gold sinny wrasse , tompot blenny , spider crabs x9

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
what a grand evening's fishing :wiggle:

Very nice catch! I'm deffo there for the next session!

·
Registered
137 Posts
22 species only 8 to go. I used to catch cuckoo wrasse from a spot on the fleet that's very easily accessed about a twenty yard walk from the car. It's legal to park and fish there but very tackle hungry.
Keep up the good work and best of luck on reaching your 30

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers nick if i can rightly remember i can remember you telling me about the spot last year mate .

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice old pick and mix of fish (and crab). Well done matey. :clap:

·
Registered
275 Posts
hi spurzboy if your after the bream have a go just to the left of the bridging camp just pass the railings jutting into the water[fishing from weymouth side of the fleet not the chesil side]. just got back from a holiday at littlesea and we had bream after bream. a good mix of decent sized black and gilthead, the water is literally alive with them even jumping out of the water which is something ive never witnessed before.it literally is abite a cast with the chance of a hefty bass,as some local angler showed me his picture from the local rag of his 6 1/2 pounder caught in a foot of water.hope this helps on your quest.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi spurzboy if your after the bream have a go just to the left of the bridging camp just pass the railings jutting into the water[fishing from weymouth side of the fleet not the chesil side]. just got back from a holiday at littlesea and we had bream after bream. a good mix of decent sized black and gilthead, the water is literally alive with them even jumping out of the water which is something ive never witnessed before.it literally is abite a cast with the chance of a hefty bass,as some local angler showed me his picture from the local rag of his 6 1/2 pounder caught in a foot of water.hope this helps on your quest.
thanks mate for some great info i think ill give that ago sounds a great place to fish ,

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
The wife and I fished the Stone pier last year.Had plenty of smallstuff and very good fun.Did you notice the very large mullet over the bit of shingle on the right as you go on the pier. Spent a couple of hours trying to tempt them last year but they knew I was there. Pete.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well as useual spurs brill report ,but like you said lost without our boxes,ty billy for the help and addvice you gave me much appreciated, well now fore a laugh droped my bucket over the side to get some water,pulling up bloody string broke only to se it float away,then get told i could of walked over down some steps bloody commediens i fish with lmao....well got to the end of the fishing only to find kids nicked my straping to tie my rods together ,glad i still got my teeth in thieving gits lol tight lines lads hope to meet up again soon

·
Registered
143 Posts
Was A great evening, and was nice the weather let off for a bit to.
Had a laugh as always and bagged a pollock for me list so im happy.

Sid you forgot to mention the casting competition to try and rescue your bucket lol.

Looking forward to the next session.
Tight lines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts