World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
myself and scorpio got to weymouth carpark wall at around 3-00pm and got set was hard keeping rods rested on the wall as wind was so strong was forcasted at 25mph down there before we left home maccy man joined us around 7-00pm , the wind blowing bit harder by then but once got rigs and griper weights on they seemed to be holding bit better fishing was so slow today only 1 fish comming which was a wrasse in daylight as soon as the sun went down the fish started to show , my catches were just ballen wrasse / pouting / whitting / pollock / other guys did better but let them report . only thing strange tonight was that the sea was covered in a white sort of powder it was everywhere bubbling up into bubbles maccyman took a few pics so see what they come out. ive put 1 pic up can just see the powder but never seen anything like this before along there , there looks alot of rods in pics not all mine there was 5 of us fishing in the end .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do u catch much at the wall i never have much luck i prefer to fish pier

yeah the wall has been good to us mate in the past if do a search and read a few of our reports i had 9 schoolie bass 1 night , a 3lb eel a few flounders , a smoothound around a month ago , plus the little stuff pollock , whitting , pouting , wrasse ,

scorpio has had tub gurnard and a garfish both on the float , some big rockling there . your do well on the pier alot small stuff but weve had more success on corner wall but last night was just a quiet night for us . but species caught last night between all us was common eels , ballen wrasse , pouting , whitting , pollock , corkwing wrasse

·
Registered
19 Posts
i normally fish pier when one of our monthly comps becomes a rover next time i will go to the wall . and i can sit in the back of van and watch rod

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the wall after dark produces the fish mate we have nothing in daylight only reason we go early is to catch the bait shop so we got bait for the night only had the 1 fish in daylight a wrasse but as soon darkness falls then its fish heaven but this week all small stuff but an ideal spot for the kids to fish

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats god to hear i am junior rep for wellworthys sac get my gang down there maybe septs comp , with about a dozen rods out we will see how it fishs , and god help us let them cast

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hope the fishing picks up as I am down early September for a week , have a few boat trips booked but need to fish Pleasure Pier for the Gobies to go on my annual list.

Will bring the Squid lures with me to see if they are about yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Was a quiet evening but I managed a few whitting and a eel which was a new species for me. The frothy stuff looks like fat the way it was floating in lumps.
Was a nice evening and im glad the wind eventualy dropped.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts