World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was a mission tonight after this bream that i couldent catch last week after spending around 4 hours trying to get 1 but no joy then boy billys daughter comes over and catches 1 straight away , so tonight i thought right ive got to get 1 for my list , so got to weymouth stone pier for around 3-00pm got set up with 3 hook flapper short snoods and size 6 hooks baited with little pieces of rag just underarmed rig out and 30 seconds was into my first fish of the night and yes it was the bream so when i thought i was going to be into a long night trying to catch one i caught on my first cast so wel chuffed , so i thought right next on list to get is garfish so had around 3 hours trying to catch one with no joy , so try for a gurnard on the bottom feathers baited with squid and then maccy with no joy , so just bit drop down fishing now for few mini species caught over 60 pouting every drop down resulted in 3 pout 1 on each hook , then wrasse galore followed by pollock , was great fishing tonight also scorpio and maccyman were with me again and we were joined by jools_red (julie) as she asked for some advice to catch few fish so julie joined us and did well , everybody had new species tonight but let the guys tell you how they did , but as we were packing up around 1-30 a chap came over and had chat and he said that morning he fished there early 7-00am and he had 3 red gurnard and tub gurnard of the pier slowly retrieving his rig baited with squid . , so another great night out once again in the wind and rain this time .

had to get our floats in qwick as condor came pretty close to the stone pier tonight as can see in pics

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well done Spurz, I had a poor session last night with only one bream :(

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done Spurz, I had a poor session last night with only one bream :(
never a poor session when catch a fish mate glad you got a bream ours were only small but another for the species list, but our session was terrible last night we just couldent get throu the pouting to get anything else, as soon as we dropped down you were pulling back up with 3 pouting on at a time so dident give chance nothing else changed to bigger hooks and resulting in bigger pouting ,

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well done mate only 7 to go :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done mate only 7 to go :yahoo:
cheers mate yeah only 1 more species to equal last years total of 24 , main thing species going up each year so must be taking onboard great info from other members and tips and tatics

2006 = 16
2007 =18
2008 = 18
2009 = 24
2010 = 23 so far

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Well done on getting the Bream and a bigger one for helping out Joolz in getting some fish on the deck, always nice to see others offering help to newcomers :clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well done on getting the Bream and a bigger one for helping out Joolz in getting some fish on the deck, always nice to see others offering help to newcomers :clap3::clap3:

yeah i was more than happy to help jools out as ive had so much help over the years from other members so it was my pleasure to help another member out . i know jools has been fishing weymouth a few times with no luck so just thought not a better time to get her out on the pier and i think she had around 5 different species so she was happy at the end of the day , this is what WSF is all about at the end of the day helping each other

·
Registered
85 Posts
well here we go was a good nights fishing, except bloody rain didnt help , anyway spurs picked me up round 2.oclock with julie sat there like mrs bungle lol but a pleasent women verry greatfull i must saye mmmmmmmmmmmmmm anyway went picked bait up then set off to stone pier. got set up and not long before we were into the fish julie was first with a bream pmsl never seen someone so excited like a virgin with a new dildoe,enough of that though, spurs got his species up to what he wanted got his bream at last and i got my bream plus sandsmelt so wasnt to bad , maccy man turned up and he was haveing a good evening with some nice pollck and pout still hearing screams of excitement from julie bloody got hearache now but was a good night for us all ...tight lines all and good luck

·
Registered
314 Posts
:eek: I don't know what you mean!

Thanks to spurs & the rest of the crew I reeled in 2 bream, 6 wrasse, 2 different species blennies, 1 pollack & 15++ pouting (none keepers but a really good return to fishing for me!)

·
Registered
250 Posts
you got your bream dad well done , wish i was fishing with you last night but mum said now school holidays are here i can go with you and scorpio longs i wrapp up warm in the night time , i got 6 weeks of school comming up :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I finally arrived at the pier around 7 and as soon as i got there it started raining. Waited a while for the rain to pass and got going with a float and a 2hook flapper size 6. got a load of small pout and then a scorpion fish, then a tompot blenny, (need to get pic of my phone to confirm). got a pollack on the float and then finished the night with a nice size pout on the flapper. Was a good night and as always great company.
2 New species for me :clap:.
Till next time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice one Mark, well on your way now. I'd put money on you getting there.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
was trying plan B there to try to avoid the pouting trying to get bait on bottom before pouting struck , think half the bait fell to pouting that night was good catching them but was a pain come the end ... little blitters

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Only 7 to go mate,,nice report,,,,

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
next on the shopping list is going to be a golden grey mullett :fish: . had 1 to years on the bounce now so be nice to get another just hope dosent take to long to get 1 this time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts