World Sea Fishing Forums banner

spursboyz gets his gar (ferrybridge)

674 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  fishfinder2002uk 
#1 ·
myself 1rodbri and lucy got to ferrybridge for 5-00pm and set up the float rods then i waded out to do a bit of spinning in the fleet itself for hour but nothing not even a bite . so i got out and went the other side of the bridge portland harbour entrance and started spinning resulting in a few maccy . soon after had few knocks on float rod but lost good fish on the retrieve as fish lodged itself round bridge pillar . went spinning again and had a really good take pulling spinning rod everywhere was a hell of a play took few mins to get in and was a cracking size garfish new species for myself had in my mind i was going to get one . then float rod was going crazy so reeled that in and had 2 corkwing wrasse was float a 3 hooked rig with rag . then come end night just gone 11-00 thought few more spins on spinning rod before we packed up and had few more maccy and last cast had a decent size pollock was a cracking night , but i think 1rod bri wants to put this one behind him ,

float fishing and 1rodbri dont seem to get on long story

1 = float fishing few weeks ago at portland float comes off drifts away as tide changes 3 hours later his float drifts past us again taking the micky

2 = float fishing fleet under bridge same again float comes off drifts away as tide changes 2 hours later his float drifts past us again taking the micky

3= float fishing under bridge snags the bridge pillar float snaps off just floating infront bri on bridge pillar (his new float )

and tonight 1rodbri casts his float out in middle pulls line tight to keep float in place and what happens a boat comes down under bridge stops cuts his float off puts it in his boat and ****s off we couldent believe it .

but great night after all even the rainbows were shinning over us well over spursgirl lucy

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well done on the gar m8, did lucy catch anything??

#7 ·
only time lucy diddent fish to be honest she finds floating bit boreing in her own words she like to keep busy so she did abit crabbing last night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.