World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This report is for friday and saturday
Had to be in brighton on friday so decided to take the rods and try and get myself a few squid, I planned to meet whopper down there, but he had had a nightmare and was unable to fish,
it started slow and with in an hour i was about to go home as i knew i would be be back on saturday morning for another go. On what was going to be my last cast the float very slowly sunk under and i was in to my first squid of the day . i would estamate it to me around 3lb . i stayed on for another hour and a half and baged 2 more one bigger and one smaller.I got home and froze the squid down for a later use,
SATURDAY
Arived at the marina on saturday to find both arms very busy with anglers. me and my mate squeezed in where we could, fishing was very slow for us on the squid jigs untill about 4 hours in none of us had had any, then my float slipped away again and i was in to another squid, my mate followed suit and soon was to catch hes first squid on hes first ever sea fishing trip, that turned out to be all he cought all day .I had a couple more and lost another 3 the 3rd one snapping my line , must have been getting week around the swivel knot as this is where it parted, time to go home then and this time i was to cook a squid when i got in and it was very tasty and not rubery atall
So the total for the 2 days was 6 squid for me and a further 4 lost
Thanks to fishyrob for letting me know they was in. cheers bud
I have some photos to follow
all photos taken on my new phone, just added this as im so inpressed with the quality of the photos

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wah: :wah: :banghead: How gutted am i! Nice squid mate and i bet they tasted lush!

{sassen fassen rassen, mutley style}:schmoll:

15,082 Posts
:cry: :cry: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wah: :wah: :banghead: How gutted am i! Nice squid mate and i bet they tasted lush!

Nice Squid and pics slayer :clap3: ................But whopper,you had enough problems with a little ole Roker sliding around your kitchen,you gonna be in proper trouble with them Squid ''Squirting''everywhere mate! :uhuh: :)

Ron

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:cry: :cry: :cry: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wah: :wah: :banghead: How gutted am i! Nice squid mate and i bet they tasted lush!

{sassen fassen rassen, mutley style}:schmoll:
well mate if you get the chance to get down again give us a shout,
just make sure you come on your own next time.lol

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Nice one Stu - never caught a squid but would love to have a go. Alas, my fishing time is really restricted just now. You gonna have a go at the Worthing match on Thurs?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well done Slayer they look bloody tasty!

I dropped down to the Marina on Thursday evening with my Dad but didn't gte fishing until about 7pm and only fished for a couple of hours and didn't get any squid. We did find out that the squid jigs I bought off the internet glow in the dark!!

Off down to the Marina tomorrow as have the day off but it's looking cloudy and colder so I hope them squid are still around.

That reel looks pretty spanky!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bloody hell stu!!!!...nice one:clap3: :clap3:

what phone were them pics taken with????
liam they where taken on a sony ericsson k800i it has a 3.2 mega pixel camara, and a real flash:)
mark , dout ill fish this one as im of to bexi on friday, but you never know:unsure:
Tom, might pop up and see you as i have an easy day tomorrow, pm me your mobile number mate.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
just make sure you come on your own next time.lol
I will! Never taking the family along with me when i go fishing again.:schmoll: :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts