World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Mike fished 4 up this morning....wind was 15-20mph and the sea had a great swell on it.
Thought we'd be in for some bass but unfortunately the bass had other ideas!.
Nevertheless we ended up with 16 flatties - 8 each all on fresh black and blow.

Guy just down from us caught plenty of flatties too.

What is it with these effing kite surfers!...they have the whole beach to go at but insist on posing in front of fishermen!....we were the only fishermen for literally miles but one pr!ck insisted on coming as close as he could.
Looks like the air rifle is going in the tackle bag for the next trip.

cheers
Dave

·
Registered
84 Posts
nice one dave looks like its not a bad spot at squires gate got my pump yesterday at jerrys just short of £40... looking forward to trying it in next couple of weeks...you need to train your dog to fetch kites m8... now that would be funny dont think they would come within half a mile of you then dave....:) :) :) .

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:) nice one dave , me and kimone are off to throbshaw tomorrow to try our luck ,
and those bloody kite surfers , you saw the vid of knottend last week , there was about 20 odd of em , they thought they were impressing us :yucky: i even had one at the side of me yesterday , they are getting to plague proportions now on the fylde coast , there is a section of beach up near fleetwood reserved for kite surfers but they dont use it , probably poncing around infront of anglers gives em a thrill :blink:
cuberd

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
good session you had there Dave and mike

was going to go out myself tomoz but jays forgotten how to use the phone me thinks

tightlines........................................daz

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
HI ALL Not sure on this but i think there is a bylaw on how close the kiters must stay away from the waters edge something to to with safety for bathers

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
dave please forgive me i was only trying to infiltrate the windsurfing clan but got too close to you when i saw you pulling fish out left right and centre, with the casting tuition you have had i was just glad you did not let one rip as you might have sent me to davy jones locker glad you had a good sesh our silver mates are around just need to drop on a shoal ....gutz......

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
they are a pain in the behind ,

it happens every year with them ,

i,m just waiting to see if one of my acc from blackpool council can shed some light on a few matters if i find out anything i will post

in the mean time its about keeping cool and not doing anything rash ,

tightlines.......................daz

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
the kite surfing guys usually hang about near the car parking areas, so you need to decide whether to put up with the surfers or be prepared for a bit of a walk?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
HI ALL Not sure on this but i think there is a bylaw on how close the kiters must stay away from the waters edge something to to with safety for bathers

had some info back and apparently there's no restrictions or bylaws in place for kite surfers in force at blackpool council

tightlines....................daz

·
Registered
343 Posts
Are these the ones in the sea or the one's on the beach with wheels on.
Was someone hit by one of these.With wheels on. A few years back and a law passed about them.
Can you not reach the one's in the sea with a 6oz gripper. Might make them keep away. When a few leads get close to them. Or are they just complete halfwits.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
if it was the sand yachts then they could do something about them , but because its sea related everyone seem to want to pass the buck and take no responsibility for the actions of the kite surfers ,
because they haven't caused any physical damage there doing nothing wrong ,
best thing to do is ignore them

yes crabs its the sea boarders not the wheeled sand yachts as they have been stopped

tightlines........................daz

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
the first and second pictures are the ones that are banned from the beach {in the interest of public safety the ruling only applies to vehicles on the beach }

sand yacht

power kites

because these are not on the beach and are on the water they havent been covered by the same bylaw ,

tightlines.....................daz

·
Registered
133 Posts
So ring the local "nick" and say that there is likely to be a "breach of the peace" if something isn't done about those mums with kids / anglers and those kite fellahs shouting at each other on the beach.. better get down here before it really kicks off ..........

·
Registered
343 Posts
And what about the uncontrolled dogs. That decide to use your gear to **** there leg up on. I had a go at someone the other day about it. They seem to think saying sorry is ok. Would they like it if i went round to there house. And did it through there letterbox

1 - 20 of 23 Posts