World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit rough today so we weren't expecting too much in the way of fish plus to cap it all I could not get a hold of any peeler crab for bait so it was off over the border to Gods country armed with only a few packets of ragworm and a bag full of lures. :headhurt:

We decided to try for some elusive Pollack but caught only a few Mackeral, Launce and a brightly coloured baby Pollack. It was going to be tough today!
I dropped a ragworm bait down the side of the rockface into deep water and was surprised to find a few small Wrasse biting, then this beauty hit my bait and fought like a demon all the way to the surface. Three and a half pounds of angry Wrasse.

My angling pal Darren can't understand my love of Wrasse fishing and carried on chucking every shape and colour of lure at the non existant Pollack with limited success. He was hit by two nice fish that we didn't see and he unfortunately failed to land. From then on things went very quiet for a while so I pursuaded my buddy to try some Wrasse fishing. I could see his rod tapping away in his hand and then bang that powerful lunge of a nice Wrasse taking his bait. You should have heard the swear words that came out of his mouth after battling his best ever Wrasse to the surface. Very funny and somehow I think he may be Wrasse bashing again very soon.

A 4lb Scottish Ballan Wrasse and a cracking specimen.

Mackeral, Coalfish, Pollack, Launce and some nice Wrasse caught, a bit slow today but still it's great to be out of the concrete jungle for a canny day out. Tightlines Dave :thumbs:

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
4lb Wrasse is a crackin fish well done,you got tae admire them as they dont give an inch willingly and fight well above there weight.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
well done guys....puts me in the mood for some wrasse fishing....do you do any float fishing there?
floating is the easiest way to avoid loosing lots of gear and fish.. its just getting the depth right.. but am sure other lads on here can be a bit more specific

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
well done again lads :clap:

water conditions could have been a bit kinder , but still you pair managed a few cracking fish,
well done :thumbs:

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
i wouldnt moan at catching 4lb ballans all daymaybe not alot around but they still make up the day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts