World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing in St A's today off the harbour wall 1 hour before high tide, and between 3 of us in nearly 4 hours we cought a grand total of 3 Mackerel and mabee a cold :thumbdown. does anybody know of great fishing spots around the St Andrews area as i am pritty new to the area..

Help Would be greatly appereciated :clap:...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Try Boarhills over the last 3hrs of the ebb tide. Can give fantastic fishing for red cod and wrasse. Its only 4 miles from St Andrews on the road to Crail. Turn left into Boarhills and carry on through the village, past a farm and the road turns into a dirt track. Keep going for 300m and there is a house on your right then a track to your left. You can drive down this track down to a field which has big carpet bails of straw in black polythene. Park your car here and hop over the electric fence. You will see a large rocky outcrop to your left. Head for here and cast near where you see the bouys for the lobster pots. Be prepared to lose lots of gear and I use lug for bait here as it is very successful.
Tightlines

Nick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
went down today for nearly 5 hours and didnt get a bite, i was spinnin, beach casting, lure and bait and was about 1km from the top end of the caravan park, any ideas or am i a lost cause???????

Thanks again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yet another unsuccessful fishing outing in St A's went last night just on high tide and not a sniff, apart from a foot long sand eel which was a lucky snagging in the back....i think that i need to go further out to catch, anyone know anyone with a boat in St A's?:uhuh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts