World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one heading down to st austell for the week end and was looking for any deep water marks or some ray fishing if any bodys got any advice or help it would be realy nice to hear it

·
Registered
25,234 Posts
hi every one heading down to st austell for the week end and was looking for any deep water marks or some ray fishing if any bodys got any advice or help it would be realy nice to hear it
I think "leakyboots"? had some ray recently,he maybe able to give you some advice,theres a place called blackhead that quite alot of peeps fish,ive never been there but think its deep water???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi mate, Cfish is right about about Blackhead being deepwater. It's quite rough ground except straight out from the very end of the point. Before you go up and over the last small hill to drop down onto the mark, there's a track off to your left (opposite the path that goes down to a cove on your right) that takes you down to another mark that's worth trying too.

To be honest I'd only go if it's dry cos the paths down to the rocks are grassy, steep and really slippery when it's been raining, with a drop straight into the water at one point. Ideally take a mate with you aswell. The Roseland peninsula is also handy by to St.Austell and would be worth checking out.

Anyway good luck!
Damon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what im looking for a bit of ruff ground see if i cant bag my self a bullhuss or conger eel but i was allso see if there was any placese to fish for ray near by
thanks damon

·
Registered
25,234 Posts
thats what im looking for a bit of ruff ground see if i cant bag my self a bullhuss or conger eel but i was allso see if there was any placese to fish for ray near by
thanks damon
Sent you a pm fella,maybe some ray around the places i mentioned,mate of mine is out tomorow he should be able to tell me if theres any ray about and where.:thumbs:

·
Registered
25,234 Posts
Sent you a pm fella,maybe some ray around the places i mentioned,mate of mine is out tomorow he should be able to tell me if theres any ray about and where.:thumbs:
No Ray but still a reasonable amount of plaice around,they have been feeding on sandeels:thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi mate i fished black head for years its good mark for big eels and bullhuss fish the left hand side off the grassy bank it is rougher ground. u do get the odd big polock this time of year . do not fish for ray in st.austell bay it not going to happen good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank for the heads up cfish and the goat, its always good fun and spot to catch eel and huss .i shall be fishing the weekend comeing in the big tiyeds with my bro ,weather permiting of corse will give every one an up date on how i got on . happy fishing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got down to blackhead and the condittions looked ok it was a still night .with my brother no more than twelve feet a way from me and his baits in the water first he started to get bites which he kept on missing now im thinking its got to be my tern next for something to take my bate but nothing all night with my bro getting all the bites and missing then i got to thinking its not going to happen but the he shouts over he has a fish on a bullhuss off 3to 4 pounds which he was chuffed with leaving me with a dent in my pride lol we fished on with no more luck .maybe there could of been a bit more movement or swell in the water to get things stired up so will be going back again . it not over till its over

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.