World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be in St Brides Bay for the week and would like to get into the pollack if possible as it's a species I've not caught before.

Gonna be trying with lures and floated rag. Got a few marks in mind already thanks to a previous thread and a bit of lurking.

What I was wondering is are the pollack only in close at a certain state of tide?

I'm camping in Caefrai Bay, so can easily fish from there at the drop of a hat. However, I'd like to have a few seassions elsewhere around the bay and would like to be a bit more strategical with my timings if at all possible!

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Caerfai is definatly the right place for Pollack mate! Head down on to the point on the East of Caerfai bay and feathers will catch pollock.. The biggest i have seen coming from there was using black rubber worms with red tails retrieved slowly accross the bottom...High tide is best.

Head down to Newgale and fish for Bass using most common baits, Rag specifically!

Lovelly part of the world mate, make sure you post your results...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Caught most of mine there, as you stand on the beach looking out to sea, you will see a little out crop of rocks going in to the water (opp an small island), float fish some rag here, either under your feet or a few yards out, you will get pollack and wrasse every cast, never fail here

·
Registered
396 Posts
Gonna be in St Brides Bay for the week and would like to get into the pollack if possible as it's a species I've not caught before.

Gonna be trying with lures and floated rag. Got a few marks in mind already thanks to a previous thread and a bit of lurking.

What I was wondering is are the pollack only in close at a certain state of tide?

I'm camping in Caefrai Bay, so can easily fish from there at the drop of a hat. However, I'd like to have a few seassions elsewhere around the bay and would like to be a bit more strategical with my timings if at all possible!

Any help appreciated.
if the weather is right take a walk out to st davids head about 35 min but well worth it. the pollack and wrasse fishing is truely amazing, if you get the chance pop into my shop with an ordenance survey map and i will put you onto some top sport.

-------------------------------

seaanglerpembrokeshire.co.uk

·
Registered
421 Posts
if the weather is right take a walk out to st davids head about 35 min but well worth it. the pollack and wrasse fishing is truely amazing, if you get the chance pop into my shop with an ordenance survey map and i will put you onto some top sport.

-------------------------------

seaanglerpembrokeshire.co.uk
IF I COME TO YOUR SHOP WILL YOU SHOW ME WHERE TO GO!!! :bleh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts