World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished st brides with Spike22, DoubleD and njsmith sunday. there were loads of anglers down there, but not alot happening.

To cut a story short I landed my first 2 congers of the year :), 3lb and 4.5lb. Although. DoubleD also had a conger of 4.5lb. No one else caught anything so a good trip for our group!.

They weren't big but finally landed one!.

----

Pwpcawl.

Spike22, DoubleD and myself went monday, early (straight from night shift).

I messed about with my spinning rod as not alot happening on the big boys. I managed 2 new species for me this year. lots of gobby's and a cracking pollock :punk:

Spike22 landed his first 2 rays of the year (small eyed's) and dropped 2 hounds around 12lb each at the bottom of the wall (had to try hand line as the waves come over the top of the pier). Subsequently he lost them both!.

We now have a landing net so next time wont be a problem :p.

DoubleD had a slackliner, only to get it to the surface and find it was a wind break washed in the current :rofl: :doh:

We met salefisher (think thats wht you said it was mate) who had a cracking 6lb14oz smoothy, a PB for him. Gratz matey.

Sorry the report reads like utter ****, im pretty tired.

Jon

Ps will prob go to my bass mark on these small tides coming up, will let you know how I get on :)

pps. Put my rod bags on the wall by the light house, only to have a gust of wind blow them off and have all my bags soaked in a nice "yellow puddle". I was not pleased. Pee over the sides you ignorant dirty ####'s.
Lots of rubbish there too >.<. All hand washed and ready to go again.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Fished st brides with Spike22, DoubleD and njsmith sunday. there were loads of anglers down there, but not alot happening.

To cut a story short I landed my first 2 congers of the year :), 3lb and 4.5lb. Although. DoubleD also had a conger of 4.5lb. No one else caught anything so a good trip for our group!.

They weren't big but finally landed one!.

----

Pwpcawl.

Spike22, DoubleD and myself went monday, early (straight from night shift).

I messed about with my spinning rod as not alot happening on the big boys. I managed 2 new species for me this year. lots of gobby's and a cracking pollock :punk:

Spike22 landed his first 2 rays of the year (small eyed's) and dropped 2 hounds around 12lb each at the bottom of the wall (had to try hand line as the waves come over the top of the pier). Subsequently he lost them both!.

We now have a landing net so next time wont be a problem :p.

DoubleD had a slackliner, only to get it to the surface and find it was a wind break washed in the current :rofl: :doh:

We met salefisher (think thats wht you said it was mate) who had a cracking 6lb14oz smoothy, a PB for him. Gratz matey.

Sorry the report reads like utter ****, im pretty tired.

Jon

Ps will prob go to my bass mark on these small tides coming up, will let you know how I get on :)

pps. Put my rod bags on the wall by the light house, only to have a gust of wind blow them off and have all my bags soaked in a nice "yellow puddle". I was not pleased. Pee over the sides you ignorant dirty ####'s.
Lots of rubbish there too >.<. All hand washed and ready to go again.
Yup, thats disgusting. I've heard ppl say..."But...theres no toilets there"...well, theres a freekin huge one just the other side if the wall yr standing on, lol. Or, if yr a bit shy....take a walk back towards car park on top level, theres steps down to the left....at least it gets washed away there :thumbs:

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, thats disgusting. I've heard ppl say..."But...theres no toilets there"...well, theres a freekin huge one just the other side if the wall yr standing on, lol. Or, if yr a bit shy....take a walk back towards car park on top level, theres steps down to the left....at least it gets washed away there :thumbs:
It was more of an orange color.. and stank of sugar puffs....

Someone was dehydrated :p.

Took me ages to hand wash it out of all my bags :doh::help:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
It was more of an orange color.. and stank of sugar puffs....

Someone was dehydrated :p.

Took me ages to hand wash it out of all my bags :doh::help:
Hmmmmm....suddenly this lager tastes a bit weird :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nice on Jon, well done on the wongers, I said they'd be there :punk:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done jon, and you're right bud' it fekkin stinks on that pier, and if my gear had gone into an orange puddle' i wouldn't have been a very happy chappy to say the least:bangin:, hope you have a good day on the bass, (are you plugging or using bait for them???). Marc..:punk:

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done jon, and you're right bud' it fekkin stinks on that pier, and if my gear had gone into an orange puddle' i wouldn't have been a very happy chappy to say the least:bangin:, hope you have a good day on the bass, (are you plugging or using bait for them???). Marc..:punk:
Will be using bait. Will plug at a cardiff mark on weekend too, mullet are in numbers there too so fingers crossed.

Black, you were right... as usual! lol. No great size to them but week previous njsmith had a 12lber.

Ill keep chasing bigger ones this year.

Jon

·
Registered
148 Posts
hi lads great company you were monday went back to the peir tuesday must of been 25 peps there fishing for the hounds.
i got 1 hound up the wall and lost 6 :doh:
lost count of the number of hounds that came out
see you soon sailfisher

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
well done fellas nice to see you getting out there and having a few, only about a fortnight now and the codling should start putting in an apperance,tightlines andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts