World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished St Brides (Lighthouse) last night caught two whiting using rag and squid bait.

Lot of debris floating in the tide.

Talked to a few anglers , they reported that on wednesday evening they had five whiting all to about 1.5lb. Towards the end of the session a lone angler shouted to them for help landing a fish ...............a 14 lb cod !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi, OK, st brides? where is that?
Is it the lighthouse that you can see from aberthaw?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
St Brides Newport accessed by the Lighthouse Pub. The actual lighthouse is at the mouth of the USk river as it enters the channel .

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ive never fished there, but am told its shallow fishing, or u only get about 2 hours either side of tide, is that right lads..

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Ooooooooooh, miaow, miaow, who's being really catty? That bloke was well p****d off with blanking, but with you catching that flounder, & telling 1000+ readers as well, he is going to feel much worse!
Mind they say "first time lucky", catch again on you next 2 trips, & you can go into the Angling Hall Of Fame with Poacher, & Lunkercodbendmyrod!
blueskip

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
Well done birdie!!!!!

I do hope you are hooked for life now, and will start showing the lads how its done! :D

Again, really chuffed you caught and did everything yourself!

Next time you are on the beach, send some fish my way...thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
look at you all on the pull hehe. Only joking well done birdie 10 out of 10, good to hear people are still taking up the sport. Its nice to hear that beginners luck still pays, wish i could get some luck with these bloodly cod! well done and keep it up. Bet that guy was happy, has he heard the song? its a womans world mate

·
Registered
437 Posts
well done..
I can see dewi's face now looking away pretending you aint caught it and mutering to himself im not bringing her again! THAT WAS MINE! MINE! good on you girl lets hope theres plenty more to come for ya. clive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts