World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how st.brides is fishing at the moment ? wanted to try somewhere different for the big tides saturday and was told to give st.brides a try, also where is the best place to fish in that area.

going to give st.brides a go sat morning and probably head up to porthcawl for the evening high tide .... ALONG WITH THE OTHER 800 FISHERMAN LOL

·
Team Saltist
1,175 Posts
anyone know how st.brides is fishing at the moment ? Wanted to try somewhere different for the big tides saturday and was told to give st.brides a try, also where is the best place to fish in that area.

Going to give st.brides a go sat morning and probably head up to porthcawl for the evening high tide .... Along with the other 800 fisherman lol
the stinkpit will be too hard to fish with a rip current that will need 210grams to hold bottom so try elsewhere mucca

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any suggestions ?? glad you said that about porthcawl as i hate going there when its packed and i think it will be this weekend .... just wanted a reason not to go there and you have give it to me .... now i gotta find somewhere elsa tho

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
St brides been fishing well for congers lately (bigger tides) and ill be there pretty much all next week (most tides) for them lol. Hope these wind predictions are wrong like most of there guess's atm!

Maybe ill see you down there?

Jon

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will be going down there saturday morning, high tide around 9-9.30am i believe .... any advice on parking,baits etc will be gratefully received

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
St brides is v.easy to fish. Park at the Lighthouse Inn carpark.

£1 for 2 hours
£2 for 4 hours
£4 for 24 hours.

I will maybe be camping there too. The car parks a bit rough, so if you have a low car, take your time.

As you go over the steps onto the foreshore itself, to the left is my fav' spot but lately ive been getting congers to the right (my gf's brother has had a 12lber+ off there in the last 2 weeks). I also had 3 in 3 sessions, best around 6-8lb.

Pennels (80lb/80lb) - 6/0 (bottom) 4/0(above) 4oz grip (theres no real rip). Whole squid + rag cocktail

or

Same rig again, 4 oz grip - Squid and mac wrap. Seems to do the business around here atm lol.

Any problems give me a pm and ill give you my number and text you anything you need. I may even see you down there sat morning if the weather is good! (ill be the guy with the stupid haircut... cant miss me atm :p) :punk:

Jon

p.s. on the right,if you fish on the concrete slab, you gotta cast around 80-100 yards (to the ledges). This will pretty much guarentee it if they're around... and for gods sake run and leave your gear there if a guy with his scotty dog comes walking towards you... no matter what you do its wrong unless you own a £19.99 zenzorflex... (does my bloody head in!) lol.

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
There are more productive newport marks atm though, but St brides will be the venue sat as the tides are gonna be awesome :D

Jon

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
St brides is v.easy to fish. Park at the Lighthouse Inn carpark.

£1 for 2 hours
£2 for 4 hours
£4 for 24 hours.

I will maybe be camping there too. The car parks a bit rough, so if you have a low car, take your time.

As you go over the steps onto the foreshore itself, to the left is my fav' spot but lately ive been getting congers to the right (my gf's brother has had a 12lber+ off there in the last 2 weeks). I also had 3 in 3 sessions, best around 6-8lb.

Pennels (80lb/80lb) - 6/0 (bottom) 4/0(above) 4oz grip (theres no real rip). Whole squid + rag cocktail

or

Same rig again, 4 oz grip - Squid and mac wrap. Seems to do the business around here atm lol.

Any problems give me a pm and ill give you my number and text you anything you need. I may even see you down there sat morning if the weather is good! (ill be the guy with the stupid haircut... cant miss me atm :p) :punk:

Jon

p.s. on the right,if you fish on the concrete slab, you gotta cast around 80-100 yards (to the ledges). This will pretty much guarentee it if they're around... and for gods sake run and leave your gear there if a guy with his scotty dog comes walking towards you... no matter what you do its wrong unless you own a £19.99 zenzorflex... (does my bloody head in!) lol.
He's right.............

it is a stupid haircut :bleh:

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
haha, I cut it like this to annoy the mrs... who just laughed and carried on what she was doing. Now I just look like a burk lol :bangin:.

I'll be down there too then mate. Maybe i'll see you there and catch a few wonga's!.

Jon

·
Registered
130 Posts
fished there yesterday evening i had one whiting and a silver eel a bloke fishing just up from me had a conger i left just after high water due to hunger pangs

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK NICE 1 ... i'll see you there, we will probably be there closer to 6.30 ourselves as we are meeting at 6 and its only about 25-30 mins away from us.

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
Ok cool. We'll be to the right of the steps most likely after some decent congers!.

Look for a red gripped wr300 and black stand thats me :p (will most likely wear a hat to cober the stupid hair)

Jon

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry mate 1 more question ... whats the ground like, sandy / rocky ? will i need to fish rotten bottom ? or is it ok

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
it'll be fine, cast when we cast. its clay covered in sloppy mud. no need for rottom bottom. Normal pulley (like i said early, 80lb/80lb) and strong hooks.

You normally only get 2.5 hours up 2.5 down.

If we're all still in the mood you could follow us down the road 10 mins to another good mark, low water but some cracking bass around there. If we go to the second mark bring waders or cloths u dont mind getting dirty :p.

St brides will be fun though

Jon

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
BEWARE CAMPING ST BRIDES ON TIDES THAT BIG !!!! (especially if weather bit rough) --It will come right up over the grass as far as the second bank --BE SAFE ----YATOES
P.S. It probably will be a nightmare to fish as well with the current and all the debris in the water.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah will be up for the 2nd mark if you go, ill bring extra bait and a pair of wellies then lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.