World Sea Fishing Forums banner

St Davids area

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  steve w 
#1 ·
Will be visiting St davids this weekend. Has anybody fished there latley? How did you get on? What are the best species to go for?

#6 ·
fished justinians on the weekend for 3 pollack and a couple of coalies, fish upto 3 lb. anyone know for any huss marks in this area? pm me in confidence if you don't want to post them. will be down trying again this weekend.
Caerfai Point for huss at night(see previous posts search on Caerfai)

#11 ·
Well, just got back from St Davids. Didn't do as much fishing as i wanted but still managed a few sessions with a couple of mates. The first day we tried St davids head and i caught what i was later informed was a Scad. Similar to a Mackerel and really scaley.

The next day we went to Carfai bay and fished off the headland on the left hand side. We were all using lures. First cast my mate Mark lost a fish and again on his next cast. I had two or three cast and hooked a fish which felt quite strong. I couldn't believe my eyes when i brought in a nice size Mackerel. My mates father said it was the earliest he'd ever seen them. They must have also been the fish Mark had lost on his first two casts. I put it on my smoker and it was superb.

Yesterday we tried the same spot and Mark caught a 2lb Pollack and i caught yet another small mackerel which i chucked back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.