Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished St. Davids Head On Saturday, lovely weather and not bad sport

1 Rockling - Float
1 Pollock (1lb) - Dexter Wege
1 Huss (7lb) Mackerel Head on ledger
1 Wrasse (2lb) Crab on ledger

Plenty of bites in between, not a bad start considering its quite early in the season.

The Bear

·
Registered
179 Posts
which part of the headland did you fish then?
fished the southern side, but i have heard of people fishing the ledge on the northern side, hell of a walk from whitesands, specially in a 2-part floatation suit on a hot day!! the climbing at the end to get to the mark was hectic!

how has anywhere else been fishing that you know of?? anywhere in st brides bay been catching well??

any info much app'd

tight lines
joejarvy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fished St. Justinians, park at the end of the road, then walk along the cliff to the right its about 10mins, once you go through the gate you'll see the path that drops onto the ledge. It very rough ground so what I use is a running ledger and cos you dont need to cast far just a lob I just tie on the lead with 10lb line so your more or less guaranteed to get your rig back.

Aparently Marloes is fishing well with plenty of bass, I'm hanging round for a bit as the wrasse havent really come in yet, usually you get 10 -20 on the float from that mark. Although the one pollack I caught showed the same time as the dolphins, so must be some fish down there.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts