World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the rocks just off porthclais yesterday evening.mackeral were plentyful yesterday,and all the fish were absolute belters not a joey in sight.had 50 plus mackeral in the end had to stop fishing at one point due to the tide for safety reasons.the mackeral were taken at all depths and various distances.i tend to use the mylar tubing tinsel feathers down there as you tend to pick the odd pollack up on them.manged to do so i hooked and released 2 nice pollack back to fight another day.only took a small selection of the fish home just enough for tea and for the BBQ.had two floats out but nothing was interested but personally find that when its bright down there the floats dont yield much.had a go with a couple of plugs but not a touch.all in all very satisfied with the result. cant wait for another go.does anyone know of any clean ground in this area???? :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi mate

about a year ago me and a cpuple of mates went to porth clais, did some spinning and my mate ed wacked a bit of mackerel literlly beneath his feet into a gully of around 15ft deep, ten minutes later he had a 12lb huss on the end of it, some very big ones around there by all accounts so give it a go

tight lines
joejarvy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts