World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to St Davids monday, fished the beach at Caerfai (the first beach before you get into St Davids) as the tide was coming up till high tide, not 1 bite?, when tide turned walked out onto the rocks and fished into the dark, still no bites, bait used was sandeel, squid also tried some ragworm, not a thing bait not touched, bit early, poor location?, never to sure about beach but at high tide plenty of depth narrow beach casting into sand rocks both sides, looks good, fished the rocks last summer ok for Wrasse and Pollack.
Tuesday fished St Justinas, walked to the right of the life boat on coastal path for about half mile, found a safe way down to rocks and fished in a deep gulley.
Tide was on its way out so drop a float down and caught 5 Wrasse and a 3 bearded rockling thingy:blink: , put a Sandeel out on a float nothing.
When tide turned i thought it may pick up a bit but bites stopped:g: .
May be a bit to early yet but still had a good 2 days(lways nice to have your rod in your hand).
Of the 5 Wrasse 3 were small, 1 not to bad and 1 about a 1lb, still good little fighters all the same, try again later in year as this seems like a good spot with plenty of water at low tide and enough for a sub at high!.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
the weather must have been good. excellent little scrappers are them wrasse.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
A bit too early for the beach at Caerfai unless there's been a good blow.Try it after mid June at night with fishbaits,huss bass dogs and possibility of tope!

·
Registered
389 Posts
lads im comin down that way with the family in mid july.i fished newgale last july and had some nice bass.is there anything else i could catch there at that time of year.goin back down again october.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts