World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down next week for hols , bringing just my lure rod with a slection of plugs , sidewinders and flying C's. I'm planning to get in the odd evening shore session after bass or pollack , any tips within say a 15-20 mile radius of St.Ives? I've fished pendeen watch before and the head itself to the west of the harbour but without much success.

I don't mind a bit of a trek from the car or a clamber down onto the rocks if that will help get to some better spots .

any help appreciated.
cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wal- I'm Chairman of the angling club in Penzance. When you arrive pop into West Cornwall Angling on Penzance Promenade and Gary will be able to help you. I only live a 2 minute walk from the shop and if you get Gary (or Martin on Tues/Weds) to give me a ring I'll pop down.

Lots of plugging within walking distance of shop and within 30minute drive there are dozens of places.

You said you tried Pendeen lighthouse-if it's bass you are mainly aiming for walk down to the right from the car parking area above lighthouse to Boat Cove and Portheras Beach -this is plugged by a lot by locals-especially the rocks in front of the sheds.

Starting from Mans Head in St Ives (in front of Tate Gallery) you have 5 miles of plugging ground -right round to Zennor. Long day would be to walk and fish all the way to Zennor and then catch the open top bus back to St Ives. The open top bus does a continuous circuit around the whole Penwith coast everyday and is worth a trip-if your with family they would all love it.

Lots of kayak anglers down here now. Gary would be able to put you in touch with one or two.
All the best Peter. P.S. have just come back from a week in Pembrokeshire

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dont forget the jellyworms or frozen eel for the pollack, can get some big ones on that stretch!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outstanding guys , thanks for the responses, I'll print this off and take it with me and I have a wallet full of jellies so they are going now as well. I like the idea of the round trip including the bus back. It's only me and the other arf' so should suit us well.

thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts