World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i headed for toosey bouyed up by last weeks success with great expectations .things didnt get off to a great start when i got to the car park and discovered i had left my coat at home:doh: but i had my trusty wsf hoody (available at all good stockists)and the rt shelter to cut out the worst of a stiff ssw breeze.decided to fish the groynes as most of the eejits were tucked up in bed and my knee (old rugby injury)was playing up so didnt fancy the trek up to the posts.very quiet up till the top of the tide then the familiar tap taparooney of the dread whiting heralding a steady stream of the little buggers shoe horning there gobs around my 8/0 pennels,a few good ones which were kept but nothing else.packed 2hrs after high water after managing to spazz a cast into the end of the rocks and after reading of krakovs
spectacular plunge decided to snap off and head home to a nice warm bed.there were two other lads in the next bay but i dont know how they fared.
maybe the walk up might have been a better option who knows ,anyone know where i can get some 12/0 s:laugh:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
my dad and i went fishing near the posts on tuesday night and we only got seven whiting, 4 of them were good size to eat.
no cod though

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Other than GTN's unexpected result, that's the same as we managed up the coast a bit.

after reading of krakovs spectacular plunge decided to snap off and head home to a nice warm bed.
A wise move Dale - I'll certainly be a lot more careful in future

anyone know where i can get some 12/0 s
Yes - Craigs shop ! He's got these "Norway Specials" that I suspect you could land an Orca on !

Wouldn't make any difference though - the suicidal sea rats would just impale themselves anyway.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
i headed for toosey bouyed up by last weeks success with great expectations .things didnt get off to a great start when i got to the car park and discovered i had left my coat at home:doh: but i had my trusty wsf hoody (available at all good stockists)and the rt shelter to cut out the worst of a stiff ssw breeze.decided to fish the groynes as most of the eejits were tucked up in bed and my knee (old rugby injury)was playing up so didnt fancy the trek up to the posts.very quiet up till the top of the tide then the familiar tap taparooney of the dread whiting heralding a steady stream of the little buggers shoe horning there gobs around my 8/0 pennels,a few good ones which were kept but nothing else.packed 2hrs after high water after managing to spazz a cast into the end of the rocks and after reading of krakovs
spectacular plunge decided to snap off and head home to a nice warm bed.there were two other lads in the next bay but i dont know how they fared.
maybe the walk up might have been a better option who knows ,anyone know where i can get some 12/0 s:laugh:
How nice it is to be called a "lad" at my age. there was only one of me I hasten to add .... you couldn't be referring to anybody else at silly o clock on a sunday morning I know.

I wondered who the other silly bugger was :clap2:

I ended the night with 30+ whiting and threw a good few back - had a couple of very respectable ones too .... I'm under instructions from the wife for fish cake filler ... and they need thinning out! it was one of those nights where they were coming in two at a time on a pennel rig :uhuh:

My timing was spot on when it came to packing up ..... as I put the key in the front door coming back the first drop of rain fell.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it must have been you russ, about 4th bay along from the car park ,i assumed there were two as there it looked a busy session.
i suspect you are right ray the buggers are suicidal enough to swallow anything.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
it must have been you russ, about 4th bay along from the car park ,i assumed there were two as there it looked a busy session.i suspect you are right ray the buggers are suicidal enough to swallow anything.
Yup 4th bay. Interestingly young JB on here had a 6lb Cod (or Codling, depending on where you draw the line) on Friday afternoon .... so there are one or two about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts