World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a return visit to St Osyth last night, in search of my first essex codling.
After a very long walk (could have walked further but me old mate Nutsyfish ain't as fit as me! ) 馃槈
We found ourselves set up about an hour before high water.
One rod on a 2 hook 3/0 clip down rig loaded with blacks and squid.
The other a pulley dropper with squid and bluey.
The tings put in an appearance straight away but not as many as last week.
Just at high water Nutsy has a thornback on squid. Then it's a couple of dogfish for me.
That's how it went until about 3 hours down when Nutsy has a good pull down on his lug and squid rod, and he has his first Essex codling.
Unfortunately for me it was just the main two suspects dogs and whiting.
Wind was a very gentle north/easterly which switched south westerly as we packed up . A little weed but not a problem.
Well done on the codling buddy .
Smile Fish Fin Hat Sleeve
Water Vertebrate Underwater Fin Road surface

Registered
Had a return visit to St Osyth last night, in search of my first essex codling.
After a very long walk (could have walked further but me old mate Nutsyfish ain't as fit as me! ) 馃槈
We found ourselves set up about an hour before high water.
One rod on a 2 hook 3/0 clip down rig loaded with blacks and squid.
The other a pulley dropper with squid and bluey.
The tings put in an appearance straight away but not as many as last week.
Just at high water Nutsy has a thornback on squid. Then it's a couple of dogfish for me.
That's how it went until about 3 hours down when Nutsy has a good pull down on his lug and squid rod, and he has his first Essex codling.
Unfortunately for me it was just the main two suspects dogs and whiting.
Wind was a very gentle north/easterly which switched south westerly as we packed up . A little weed but not a problem.
Well done on the codling buddy . View attachment 1398077 View attachment 1398078
A great report again, thanks for posting. Always good to know what you have been up to. Good news about the codling, I鈥檓 still waiting for my first Suffolk codling following my return to beach fishing. I think my last cod was in about 1992!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts