World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished it Sunday from 10am through to around 3pm in the first bay from the car park near the sailor boy. really bad, i blanked & my Other halfs dad caught 1 cod, approx 30cm in length using ragworm

Maybe it was the weather ? Other people down there not catching either, 1 guy said he got a small dogfish.

Gave me abit of time anyway to play with my new spinning rod, shame though there wasnt any takers !!

Only other problem though was the people down there, started to get very busy just after lunchtime, loads of kids and people getting in the way of the tackle and asking stupid questions like "Are you fishing?" :blink:

Think im going to have to find another nice little area with no people around for day time fishing as its going to be a no go down there during the day from now on. may check out down there friday night for a session.

Any suggestions on a quiet day area would be good ?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Fished it Sunday from 10am through to around 3pm in the first bay from the car park near the sailor boy. really bad, i blanked & my Other halfs dad caught 1 cod, approx 30cm in length using ragworm

Maybe it was the weather ? Other people down there not catching either, 1 guy said he got a small dogfish.

Gave me abit of time anyway to play with my new spinning rod, shame though there wasnt any takers !!

Only other problem though was the people down there, started to get very busy just after lunchtime, loads of kids and people getting in the way of the tackle and asking stupid questions like "Are you fishing?" :blink:

Think im going to have to find another nice little area with no people around for day time fishing as its going to be a no go down there during the day from now on. may check out down there friday night for a session.

Any suggestions on a quiet day area would be good ?
That's why I've stopped fishing St Osyth at the moment, too many holiday makers, they're a nightmare, I will give it a go for a bit of night fishing , but will stay away dyring the day till September.

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
do you ever go after the stingrays issy?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
do you ever go after the stingrays issy?
Will be this year, if I can get to the mark, it's a long walk. Only found out this year where it is, needs a fwd to get there within a reasonable distance. Must chat up Urly :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my local spot - Toosey Beach as it's known round here.
The road is in a proper mess these days and even a FWD might struggle, and the gates are shut at night so it may be a mile long walk anyway to the best spot near the bird reserve.
A word of warning - on a warm day you won't be the only blokes with your tackle on show - that end of the beach is a 'Designated Naturist Area'. Don't get your hopes up - there's no naughty naked ladies - just dirty old men and rent boys cottaging and frolicking in the dunes. It really can be quite off-putting, especially when some geezer with his todger out asks what you've caught. Probably not as much as you, is the obvious answer!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The road is in a proper mess these days and even a FWD might struggle, and the gates are shut at night so it may be a mile long walk anyway to the best spot near the bird reserve.
A word of warning - on a warm day you won't be the only blokes with your tackle on show - that end of the beach is a 'Designated Naturist Area'. Don't get your hopes up - there's no naughty naked ladies - just dirty old men and rent boys cottaging and frolicking in the dunes. It really can be quite off-putting, especially when some geezer with his todger out asks what you've caught. Probably not as much as you, is the obvious answer!
Yeah I got told about the nudist beach, then I had my dreams turned into nightmares when I got told about who uses it :yucky:
Thanks Sweep you may have just filled in every thing I wanted to know, the entrance on to the road is near the cafe at Hutleys and they charge £1.50 to park up there during the summer or have I got the wrong road?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's the road - it's the only way in, I'll check the times the gates open and shut.
The second best spot is just to the left of the entrance if you don't fancy the walk, the right hand side has quite a few snaggy patches until you get near the perv... err.. I mean, naturist beach. Still, probably one of the best fishing beaches in this area, especially where it shelves sharply up the end.

15,082 Posts
Right then.....Thats the place for next Essex meet.......How much is a rent boy these day's anyway?

Ron

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That's the road - it's the only way in, I'll check the times the gates open and shut.
The second best spot is just to the left of the entrance if you don't fancy the walk, the right hand side has quite a few snaggy patches until you get near the perv... err.. I mean, naturist beach. Still, probably one of the best fishing beaches in this area, especially where it shelves sharply up the end.
I fish that area a lot during the winter, it is quite cosy among the rock groynes and I have had some good days there, trouble is as soon as Easter comes so do the holiday makers and jetskiers, bloody pests. I will give it a try on some summer nights though, I have heard that the stingray can be caught along there and I would love to bring a good one in among all the crowds, I would of course explain that yes it is a stingray and yes it is a similar species to the one that killed Steve Irwin, maybe then us anglers could get the beach back in summer.:whistling :spiteful: :spiteful:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aahh, the bloody jetskiers. AKA in St Osyth as The Romford Navy. Me and my mate used to roar round and round in circles on a moped in his garden until his neighbours got ****ed off with it. But then we were 10 years old.
Toosey used to have a Stingray competition every year, I believe that beach once held the UK record. Don't think they hold it there any more, but that's probably down to the state of the road.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Aahh, the bloody jetskiers. AKA in St Osyth as The Romford Navy. Me and my mate used to roar round and round in circles on a moped in his garden until his neighbours got ****ed off with it. But then we were 10 years old.
Toosey used to have a Stingray competition every year, I believe that beach once held the UK record. Don't think they hold it there any more, but that's probably down to the state of the road.
If you look on Windows Local it looks like you can drive up there quite a way, look
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...08000_2pt_Single_Solid_smzrc4h2h53p&encType=1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Issy

Windows Local Live is about a minimum 8 years out of date. Most of that beach and sand has now gone.

We fished a club match there last year no chance to get a 4x4 down there now unless you are completely mad. No strike that - you need now a tank. As sweep said its a right mess.

If you walk along by the sea defence wall it is easier and less dangerous than going over the rocks, concrete and so called beach. Adds half a mile I guess.

A long walk with gear...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've made that trek many times, it's bloody knackering! The gates are open from 9am to 9pm, but they don't stick to the advertised times this time of year - just when they think it's busy enough, although they were open every day over Easter. Went for a poke about in the rocks for peelers the other night about 8 and they were shut then. Should be ok once the camps fill up with chip-eaters though.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Issy

Windows Local Live is about a minimum 8 years out of date. Most of that beach and sand has now gone.

We fished a club match there last year no chance to get a 4x4 down there now unless you are completely mad. No strike that - you need now a tank. As sweep said its a right mess.

If you walk along by the sea defence wall it is easier and less dangerous than going over the rocks, concrete and so called beach. Adds half a mile I guess.

A long walk with gear...
Damn got dodgy feet at the moment, mile and a half is out for the time being, I'll even have difficulty getting to my favourite mark at Goldhanger with gear and thats under a mile!, Although may give it a try this weekend but only take my fly fishing stuff and travel very light, see if I can get some early bass or maybe even mullet. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im going back there on friday night for my first night session, that is the bit near the car park not near **** beach. christ imagine the naked gays at night time, youd have no chance lol

any tips for a night session? going from around 10pm high tide is around 130am ish so see hoe i get on, fingers crossed i will catch more than day time last week.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Im going back there on friday night for my first night session, that is the bit near the car park not near **** beach. christ imagine the naked gays at night time, youd have no chance lol

any tips for a night session? going from around 10pm high tide is around 130am ish so see hoe i get on, fingers crossed i will catch more than day time last week.
Best of luck mate hope you catch, as least you should avoid the jet ski's:)

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Did nt A Fella ,catch A 50 Plus Ray Off ,clacton ,or Southend Peir A Few Years Ago,,,,,,had To Walk Back To The Beach and Land It?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts