World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a more productive time to fish this area? breathtaking scenery or what??!! gotta get myself back there soon. gave the feathers a bash for mackerel earlier today for an hour, no joy (low tide). maybe weather a bit rough at the mo. steve w

·
Registered
376 Posts
used to fish there for smoothies a few yrs ago .and go plugging for bass in the surf at fresh west early in the morning .it was good .now its surfers all the time

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
is there a more productive time to fish this area? breathtaking scenery or what??!! gotta get myself back there soon. gave the feathers a bash for mackerel earlier today for an hour, no joy (low tide). maybe weather a bit rough at the mo. steve w
try a big tide in evening around 9 10 oclock
for the mackie and also try livebaiting in close to the rocks,
youl be suprised what u catch

·
Team Hr jones
5,844 Posts
your not wrong there best coast around have u been to barafundle bay breath taking or what :clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah walked to barafundle first. 8 year old son with us, so thought it would be safer. but ventured onto rocks towards the quay later, bit scary with the wind blowing. got to get the whole family on that beach, should then be able to duck off for a few hours while the wife and daughter do the beach thing. Greece (the country) has nothing on that bay!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Fished off the quay wall a few weeks back with little success, lots of small rockling, wrasse, pollack and dogs close to the wall but nothing on feathers, lure or float. Theres several ledges on the way to Barafundle that might prove more productive, or if you can stomach the walk you could always fish the right hand side of Barafundle off the rocks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
an awsum place to fish the water is crystal clear a lot nice than port talbot lol,ive been fishing near bosherston the last few weeks great fishing loads of pollack to 2 1/2lbs 1 bass around 2 lbs ish a few mackies loads of dogs and 1small huss. we had them spinning and bait fishing [what a place :clap3:]

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
i know its a good mark but,i have never had anything decent there!!just dogs,small wrasse,dogs,small pollock and dogs!!!!but as you say,breathtaking!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts