World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we decided to give Stallingborough another go, after not being able to get on last weekend for it being full, I sent my old man down early doors to 'secure the spot'.

He got there for noon, and took his time setting up / lead hunting.
First lead he found had a 38cm whiting attached to it, still alive! - Result. FREE FISH. lol

He started fishing about 2pm, and up until my arrival at around 5:50pm, hadn't even had a bite.

I set up and lobbed a big bait out a good distance, and within 20 minutes was into the BIGGEST flounder (I think) that I have ever caught, or seen. (42cm and 1.685lb)

Baited up the second rod, and blasted them both out to the horizon.

20 minutes later - nod nod nod.

Reel into what I thought was a small codling, but resulted in a very nice sized whiting (later weighed in at 1.089 lb).

Baited up and lobbed back out short. Made a cuppa and then my other rod went off.
Another nice whiting (weighed in just under the 1lb mark, 0.985lb). Niiiice.

Baited up and back out and by this time my old man was getting annoyed with no bites or fish (just his freebie).
He then pulled in an insize dab that was left to fight another day.

Then I got one after another on my rods (just got one in, other rod started bouncing).

Then it was the old mans turn after the turn of the tide, as it was ebbing. Two good 3/4lb+ each whiting in quick succession.

I finished the night with another whiting.

All in all I ended up with 5 good whiting (smallest 0.65lb - would normally return but fishcakes galore me thinks) and this biggest flounder I have ever seen in real life / caught.
Old man ended up with 2 caught whiting, a dab and a freebie whiting with rig attached etc.

Still no sign of that cod yet though, at least not for us!!

Pretty good 4 hour session for me tbh - Every time I poured a cuppa the rod was a bouncing!

Few piccies:

·
England Team Captain
30,611 Posts
Thanks for that cracking report mate :thumbs:

A good session by the the looks of it despite the lack of 'coddy' :clap3:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flounder was beaut - Fed two of us with a handful of potato wedges :)

Will definitely be happy to catch some more that size in future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.