World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know a lot of other people here have the same unit as me so was wondering if anyone else was experiencing similar problems!

Since its got a bit colder my cp300 seems to take a long time to find signal when it's cold! Once I have the engine running and get the heater on on the cabin the GPS finds the satalights once warm.
I know that my battery's are good so it's not a voltage issue it just seems to be the colder it is the longer it takes!

I have a garmin gpsmap 4010 fitted and that finds its signal strait away!

I know of someone else who had the same problem last winter during the frosty weather!
Anyone else having similar issues?

Cheers martin

15,082 Posts
Hi guys, I know a lot of other people here have the same unit as me so was wondering if anyone else was experiencing similar problems!

Since its got a bit colder my cp300 seems to take a long time to find signal when it's cold! Once I have the engine running and get the heater on on the cabin the GPS finds the satalights once warm.
I know that my battery's are good so it's not a voltage issue it just seems to be the colder it is the longer it takes!

I have a garmin gpsmap 4010 fitted and that finds its signal strait away!

I know of someone else who had the same problem last winter during the frosty weather!
Anyone else having similar issues?

Cheers martin
Dampness in the GPS aerial.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take it off and undo the screws on the underside, the top will then come off. If it has 3 screws, it's an early model antenna, it's most likely distorted and allowing moisture in. Later antennas have 5 retaining screws ans distort less. Check, dry, seal, refit.
I'm going down there thisafternoon so I'll have a look, it was only brought 2 years ago so I don't know how long ago they brought out the revised antennas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.