World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to stay local and try for a few flounders today, so went to Stanford, the flounders did not come out to play but did manage one, there were to many pin whiting and schoolie bass.

Fish Flatfish Flounder Fish Sole

Most of the fish came in the first 50yds only one fish at distance but did have the bonus of catching a smelt. Was all in all a nice days fishing, nothing big but very enjoyable sitting in the sun. Lee.
Fish Fish Milkfish Herring Oily fish

·
Registered
22,467 Posts
V nice pics
Decided to stay local and try for a few flounders today, so went to Stanford, the flounders did not come out to play but did manage one, there were to many pin whiting and schoolie bass.

View attachment 316143
Most of the fish came in the first 50yds only one fish at distance but did have the bonus of catching a smelt. Was all in all a nice days fishing, nothing big but very enjoyable sitting in the sun. Lee.
View attachment 316142
good clear pics Lee....

·
Banned
2,360 Posts

View attachment 316143
View attachment 316142
have you tried for a skate yet lee down the crouch ???,well done on the catch

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Good work. I've Never caught a smelt. Did it smell like cucumber?!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ah cheers for the tips mate! Ive also heard they're a good indication of water quality.

You are right.... like most members of the Salmon family they need clean water. Numbers on the Thames and Blackwater increasing and one of the commercials told me there's a boat that targets them on the Thames. I catch them on small Sabikis when fishing for Herring from the Kayak on both those waters when the waters clear enough.... which isn't very often sadly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's very true mate they need clean and non polluted waters with oxygenated waters. How interesting that there's an increase in numbers! And funny you say about the sabiki rigs I got my partner to get me some for christmas! And just woundering what's the advantages of using a kayak?

·
Registered
597 Posts
You are right.... like most members of the Salmon family they need clean water. Numbers on the Thames and Blackwater increasing and one of the commercials told me there's a boat that targets them on the Thames. I catch them on small Sabikis when fishing for Herring from the Kayak on both those waters when the waters clear enough.... which isn't very often sadly.
I wonder whether sabikis fished under a float would work at Canvey Point. The water clears at high there

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's very true mate they need clean and non polluted waters with oxygenated waters. How interesting that there's an increase in numbers! And funny you say about the sabiki rigs I got my partner to get me some for christmas! And just woundering what's the advantages of using a kayak?
KRAKEN CHASER:- Although I take my two boys out Beach fishing I wouldn't otherwise contemplate touching my Beach casters since I bought the Yak---another world. Try this site it's free & a nice bunch.....

http://anglersafloat.proboards.com/

Joepole:- Really need to fish the Sabikis from a boat or I reckon the OJ jetty could produce. I had a Seal come up on me in the Yak last year causing a shoal of Smelt to scatter clear of the water & a few landed in the Yak. The Blackwater tends to clear better than the Thames I find although clear water tends to be pretty sporadic in either.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.