World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why didn't I buy one of these earlier! I dropped my flask last year which exploded on impact. I posted at the time that our lass pointed out there were a few other flasks knocking about which I'd forgot all about. I used one of the flasks for the first time on Saturday at Morcambe. I charged it up just after 4 am, and filled it with coffee around 4.30 am. The first cup some where around 6.45 am was hot, the second cup 40/45 minutes was warm. By 9 am it was lukewarm...Sunday afternoon I took the bull by the horns and ordered a Stanley 1.9 L on Amazon, which arrived yesterday morning. Upon opening the box it was instant love, £36.00 well spent...I couldn't wait to get the kettle on and fill it up...24 hours later and the water is still piping hot. I shouldn't be this excited but I am, it looks sexy, it feels sexy, and by God does it keep it hot!

Product Liquid Spray Personal care

Here's the other one, or should I say two...Yes, I bought two them and they're a complete load of...

Water bottle Bottle Plastic bottle Water Drinkware

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
I hope you have a long and loving relationship with it Vince, I bought one some years ago, it was rubbish,I sent it back and had a full refund.

It seems they are either extremely good,or an abysmal failure. Mine was the latter, despite pre heating and then filling full of boiling water. I once saw one that a miner had bought to take down the pit with him, years ago, somehow It ended up getting really squashed one day , really bent and buckled, but it still kept the contents piping hot, even after being emptied and refilled as an experiment.You couldnt get a better recommendation than that .

I wouldnt call them "sexy" myself, more utilitarian, but if you are into that sort of thing :inlove: .

I have a stainless Thermos ,in fact 4 of them,of different sizes, they are all spot on and keep water piping hot for an eternity.

Not the slightest bit sexy though.:geek:

Dave

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you have a long and loving relationship with it Vince...Dave
Me too Dave:BigGrin: I bought it after Ian saying he left coffee in one overnight and it was still hot. I have a small alloy flask which is OK, but it doesn't hold much...I'll have the Stanley out this weekend, see how it copes with the Mersey! :)

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
Why didn't I buy one of these earlier! I dropped my flask last year which exploded on impact. I posted at the time that our lass pointed out there were a few other flasks knocking about which I'd forgot all about. I used one of the flasks for the first time on Saturday at Morcambe. I charged it up just after 4 am, and filled it with coffee around 4.30 am. The first cup some where around 6.45 am was hot, the second cup 40/45 minutes was warm. By 9 am it was lukewarm...Sunday afternoon I took the bull by the horns and ordered a Stanley 1.9 L on Amazon, which arrived yesterday morning. Upon opening the box it was instant love, £36.00 well spent...I couldn't wait to get the kettle on and fill it up...24 hours later and the water is still piping hot. I shouldn't be this excited but I am, it looks sexy, it feels sexy, and by God does it keep it hot!

View attachment 1146227

Here's the other one, or should I say two...Yes, I bought two them and they're a complete load of...

View attachment 1146229
:) I've had a Stanley flask for years, only snag I've found you need to put hot water in it first to warm it up, otherwise you lose some heat in the drink. I've also got the Stanley soup flask, got a much wider neck. :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must have one of the good ones...I've just taken my fourth cup out in 26 hours and it's hot enough that you can only leave your finger in it for a few seconds...I didn't charge it up first either, it's the first fill.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Bought the litre one 8/10 years ago , mail order , I chased it up and eventually received two.

One is very poor at retaining heat , the other is fantastic. I always charge it up with boiling water to prep it and also microwave the milk required .Stays hot all day.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Prep mine like you guy's have said but the screw top lids blow...sometimes you hear it and save it other times you have wet gear and Luke warm water...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just be extra careful with this kind of petrol pressure stove. I used one for years on bike rallys all over Europe. Then it just blew up taking my moustache and eyebrows with it. Not a pretty sight!

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Just be extra careful with this kind of petrol pressure stove. I used one for years on bike rallys all over Europe. Then it just blew up taking my moustache and eyebrows with it. Not a pretty sight!

All mine i repaint it's Bum/Butt with Hammerite paint once cleaned with there Thinners as there coating chips away easily as there designed for Yanks to use in the woods etc while stuffing there faces with Winkies/Weiners etc so not saltwater treated.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I may be wrong but I am sure they very long warranty, and used to be return freepost. when the new style came out I bought a one litre and a food flask, both failed and they got shoved in a cupboard for nearly ten years , I spoke to Stanley UK they said send back freepost , I did and soon received two brand new ones, no problems with these, sometimes when the stopper fails can be due to over tightening it. I also have an American original I got in 1980, still the best flask I ever had but quite heavy compared to the Chinese ones. hope my ramble helps.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Had my Stanley about ten years now still going strong, will definitely buy another

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Short sessions either the big steel flask or the small one unknown makes,both keep your brew hot.
Long sessions I take a jet boil,steaming hot brews,pot noodles or compo rations(not bad nowadays).
Usually just a flask as Ive scaled down on taking sh*tloads of stuff that never gets used.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

View attachment 1146227

View attachment 1146229
The last Stanley flask I bought was a complete waste of money so glad you got a good one lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts