World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The last Stanley flask I bought was a complete waste of money so glad you got a good one lol
It does seem to be hit and miss with these flasks. It had it's first session yesterday and performed as I hoped. Filled with boiling water, I took the tea bags and milk separate. It was a cold day and the wind never gave up for the four/five hours we were there. I'll try coffee made in the flask next time. It's a much better flask than my previous and the price, it bloody well should be:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why didn't I buy one of these earlier! I dropped my flask last year which exploded on impact. I posted at the time that our lass pointed out there were a few other flasks knocking about which I'd forgot all about. I used one of the flasks for the first time on Saturday at Morcambe. I charged it up just after 4 am, and filled it with coffee around 4.30 am. The first cup some where around 6.45 am was hot, the second cup 40/45 minutes was warm. By 9 am it was lukewarm...Sunday afternoon I took the bull by the horns and ordered a Stanley 1.9 L on Amazon, which arrived yesterday morning. Upon opening the box it was instant love, £36.00 well spent...I couldn't wait to get the kettle on and fill it up...24 hours later and the water is still piping hot. I shouldn't be this excited but I am, it looks sexy, it feels sexy, and by God does it keep it hot!

View attachment 1146227

Here's the other one, or should I say two...Yes, I bought two them and they're a complete load of...

View attachment 1146229
I have an old Aladdin metal flask, keeps drinks hot all day but weighs as much as a breezeblock when it’s full! I travel light and have long walks to a lot of my venues so would be nice to have something a bit/ lot lighter to take with me.
How are these weight wise?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have an old Aladdin metal flask, keeps drinks hot all day but weighs as much as a breezeblock when it’s full! I travel light and have long walks to a lot of my venues so would be nice to have something a bit/ lot lighter to take with me.
How are these weight wise?
Just weighed it for you fella...Empty, 4.34 LB .....full, 6.66 LB :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
your far better off with two small flasks then one big one! for as sooon as open it temps are dropping with 2nd one still have it hot yonks later

·
Registered
835 Posts
Have had the Stanley 1.9l for a couple of months but hadn't even taken it out the box until reading this last week .
So did what it said,charged it up(filled it with boiling water for 5 minutes) .
Emptied it then filled it again . Water was still steaming hot 12 hours later . It's the made in China one
I will try charging my 1 litre flasks & see if they work better for pre heating .

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have had the Stanley 1.9l for a couple of months but hadn't even taken it out the box until reading this last week .
So did what it said,charged it up(filled it with boiling water for 5 minutes) .
Emptied it then filled it again . Water was still steaming hot 12 hours later . It's the made in China one
I will try charging my 1 litre flasks & see if they work better for pre heating .
Always pays to heat them up first :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
agree.. i use them.. and even better one stop keeping drink got.
manufacturer replaced it free of charge without drama .

stanley get my vote

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Had one stanley and it was rubbish, had several other people say the same, I`ve got 2x different sized asda el cheapos that are grey in colour which are great at keeping the heat in which the stanley didn`t.
If you want to brew up on the beach (and cook too) get yourself a Ghillie/Kelly kettle
Fluid Biome Gas Grass Kitchen appliance
Plant Tree Sky Fire Bonfire

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I have 2 of these, very light, and excellent at keeping drinks hot. Best stainless ones I've had by miles. Not cheap mind!
Cosmetics Liquid Font Line Audio equipment

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
i
Had one stanley and it was rubbish, had several other people say the same, I`ve got 2x different sized asda el cheapos that are grey in colour which are great at keeping the heat in which the stanley didn`t.
If you want to brew up on the beach (and cook too) get yourself a Ghillie/Kelly kettle
View attachment 1147749 View attachment 1147751
I have been using my Kelly kettle when coarse fishing for the last 20 plus years, excellent bit of kit, but a bit bulky for taking to the beach, made soups, stews, fry ups, tea, etc... it developed a leak after about 15 years, where the stopper was fastened to the body of the kettle, I repaired it with metal weld epoxy, and it still works wwll, no leaks. Its a bit battered and dented here and there after being tripped over , dropped etc , but still works. I always take e xtra water with me in a Coca Cola bottle that is w rapped in newspaper and carried up inside the "flu" the paper comes in handy for lighting the Kelly as well.

Dave

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Who can resist a bargain. An original Nashville made half gallon Stanley, £3.00 on the local flea market. The new one I bought a couple of years ago is still a fine flask in terms of keeping everything hot, but it's tempting to hold the handle when removing the cap, and the join feels like a weak spot. The old one on the other hand feels bomb proof. And a difference in weight! The new one weighs 38.90 ounces, the old one weighs in at 56.40 ounces.
Automotive tire Dishware Tin Tableware Serveware

Plant Drinkware Water bottle Bottle Fluid

·
Registered
21,773 Posts
Why didn't I buy one of these earlier! I dropped my flask last year which exploded on impact. I posted at the time that our lass pointed out there were a few other flasks knocking about which I'd forgot all about. I used one of the flasks for the first time on Saturday at Morcambe. I charged it up just after 4 am, and filled it with coffee around 4.30 am. The first cup some where around 6.45 am was hot, the second cup 40/45 minutes was warm. By 9 am it was lukewarm...Sunday afternoon I took the bull by the horns and ordered a Stanley 1.9 L on Amazon, which arrived yesterday morning. Upon opening the box it was instant love, £36.00 well spent...I couldn't wait to get the kettle on and fill it up...24 hours later and the water is still piping hot. I shouldn't be this excited but I am, it looks sexy, it feels sexy, and by God does it keep it hot!

View attachment 1146227

Here's the other one, or should I say two...Yes, I bought two them and they're a complete load of...

View attachment 1146229
😄I bought mine over 20 years ago, the wide neck one. Great for soup and stew. A bit rusty now but it's served me well over the years on the beach & boat.😄

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
😄I bought mine over 20 years ago, the wide neck one. Great for soup and stew. A bit rusty now but it's served me well over the years on the beach & boat.😄
Hello Noman😄 Thankfully this one is spotless on the inside, still a very usable flask. Wouldn't want to take it on any hikes as it's bloody heavy when full.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts