World Sea Fishing Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
Hello Noman馃槃 Thankfully this one is spotless on the inside, still a very usable flask. Wouldn't want to take it on any hikes as it's bloody heavy when full.
:DMine is still spotless inside, just a few bits of rust outside. Mrs B says I've had it for 30 years, time flies. 馃槃

Premium Member
Had a kelly kettle for 30+yrs. Was parked fishing in the camper with the soot covered, dented and bent Kelly inside the side door and some fecker nicked it! I mean, you can leave your keys in the ignition and go shopping here without a problem, maybe they thought they were doing me a favour with the condition. Anyways, I've got a new one (Ghillie this time) and it's no more stale coffee and a replacement for the Tilley for heat, great bit of kit.

Registered
Mines a Ghillie and just as good as the original........fresh hot tea quickly but I can't help ending up turning the remaining ashes into a full bonfire:)
Musky

Registered
I've a Stanley 0.95l USA made flask that my dad bought back in the 80s. I've bought a new stopper but apart from that it's still working brilliantly like it always has. They are heavy and bulky for the volume though so mines only used on the boat or if fishing near the car.

PS Another vote for the Ghillie Kettle, made in UK and the hard anodised finish they offer is excellent (y) The Kelly's are made in the far east these days(n)

Premium Member
Had an aladdin adventurer. Used it every day for nearly 20yrs. It got dented and buckled, thrown into boats, run over in mud etc. Lost heat and wouldn't stand up. Had a lifetime guarantee and aladdin exchanged for a new one, no prob, but the 'new' one was cr4p

Registered
These flask when good are outstanding. But you one day pour a freezing cold cup an hour or two after filling. They have a problem with the seal on the lid which isn鈥檛 covered under warranty.

Premium Member
Check if it's the O ring on the lid. If it's U/S take the lid to a good motor factors, they'll hopefully have an O ring to fit for pence

41 - 50 of 50 Posts