World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the green stanley 1.9L flask for over a year now and has performed flawlessly so far until my last two trip, it kept thing hots for well over 12 hrs and this is no bluff tried and tested last winter.

on my last 2 trip
1 st trip- went to have a hot cofee, and damn think was cold and tasted rank!!! not fun as i had a long session ahead . but i survived
thoughts were: did i really pour hot water in i certain did but well unsure as i was in a rush.

2nd trip- made sure i prime it first , and water was piping hot when going in, after few hours , i said let me check, notice the actual flask was warm to the touch, and as far as i remember i never felt the flask warm for over a year ( imeediate thought- its losing heat)

open it to taste and trust me i wish i didnt

so today decided to phone where i purchased it ..completeoutdoors.co.uk customer service cudnt find my details, but she ask me if i had any proof of purchase, forwarded my email of confirmation order (which luckily was in my inbox somewhere), 5 min later she call back and says( a replacement will be sent to u today , with it a return pack, when u receive ur new flask please send us the old one back)

i cant fault the service certainly. however she did mention that the the flask is loosing its vacuum, when i said its warm to the touch. dont know if any of u had that problem but might as well mention given winter is here ...

nb: the flask never fell, or there is no visible damage on the inside or outside

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
i bought one 12 years ago still going strong piping hot tea every time, but back when they made the flasks in the usa , but in the last few years they make in china thats where the problem mass produced , i seen a few flasks with the same problem jim:g:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny jim i read that the old usa one are much better as i said never dropped or anythin but loosing vacuum lol

just checked my receipt its say april last year so well beyond warranty period : but stanley says build for life :) lifetime warranty :)

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Funny jim i read that the old usa one are much better as i said never dropped or anythin but loosing vacuum lol

just checked my receipt its say april last year so well beyond warranty period : but stanley says build for life :) lifetime warranty :)
sorry about that yes usa , its lasted rusty on the out side , i had stew , curry, soup , tea brillant flask,:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no visible sign of dent as i always carry good food stuff seperate from ny fishing gear in a rucksack, however ive been thinkin if i had over filled it and then tried put the cap on that cud have damaged it ie overfill with hot water then cap= greater pressure i dont know if im just tryin convince myself lol

G

·
There is no visible sign of dent as i always carry good food stuff seperate from ny fishing gear in a rucksack, however ive been thinkin if i had over filled it and then tried put the cap on that cud have damaged it ie overfill with hot water then cap= greater pressure i dont know if im just tryin convince myself lol
thats sounds more like he problem,
i had two go on me within amonth,customer service was second to none, even though it could have been my fault, i realised that laying it down /overfilling it can cause the seal to perforate,

G

·
i only ever take tea fishing , but i have figured that if i leave enough room for the bags to expand i normally have a hot flask all night,
also stand it up against the wall of your shelter,if not stand it in some pebbles,(never lay it down with contents inside)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.