World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i have been looking at the Star Rods Plasma series, what i want to know is does anybody own one, and are they any good? I like the look of them and they seem reasonably priced. I have other 'American' style rods from Fenwick and Shimano and like them a lot, and can see similarities in the style of the 'Star rods'. It has to be said i like the loooks of a lot of the tackle sold by Pok Max. The range of Avet reel looks very good and i have been considering buying a two speed Avet SX aswell, so if anybody could give me opinions on those to?
Cheers
Bass-ic

G

·
Bass-ic

I don't own the Plasma series, but all my Big Game stand-ups used to be Star rods and they were excellent for the money.
I got mine from Rok Max and recommend you give them a call.

I have the single speed Avet SX and it is a first class reel for all, but anywhere high speed is required (even with a fast retrieve, the spool is tiny).

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting for Ravelling Tangler to get back to me, i think its a Avet JX not an SX. The stuff from Rok Max looks good, but does seem a bit pricey. In direct comparison the SHimano speedmasters do look better than the Star rods and are also a cheaper.

G

·
My Star's were extremely good value, IGFA rated (much more powerful than the equivalent UK lb class) and came with good quality fittings such as Stuat Rollers etc.

Not knowing exactly the model you are after, have you tried Stan M for something from his superb range. Much more customisation and your choice of rollers, wraps, butt etc etc.....

...Before I waffle away, what is the "Plasma Series" anyway? I was talking about their Stand-Up rods....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts