World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3yr old daughter keeps asking me to take her fishing :clap2: :clap2: it's a proud day for any father.

Can you help me with a mark that will give her fish lots of fish, as old rex hunt says start them young and keep them busy.

My worry is she will get bored quick and will wonder so that rules out the piers was thinking of Knabb Rock or Rossile.

What do you think????:g:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
My 3yr old daughter keeps asking me to take her fishing :clap2: :clap2: it's a proud day for any father.

Can you help me with a mark that will give her fish lots of fish, as old rex hunt says start them young and keep them busy.

My worry is she will get bored quick and will wonder so that rules out the piers was thinking of Knabb Rock or Rossile.

:g: wait a couple of weeks untill the mackie and gars are truly in.
rhossili? ledges nono
try the pier 4 a few hours.

C

·
0 Posts
My son is 9 and has autism his attention span is about five minutes so I took him to the west pier and fished straight down the river side we caught loads of small whiting and very quickly so we ended up staying for about two hours not big fish but enough to keep him occupied and hooked for life

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
when i take my son out on the boat and stop to get some macky for bait do you think i can get him to stop when hes catching he just wants to stay put but he enjoys it

·
Registered
730 Posts
Swansea weat pier, Great venue for any youngster with plenty of small fish to keep her interested.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
yeah west pier. my son was taken there for his first. caught doggies and whiting. since then, every week, he wants to know if i'll take him with me. so think long and hard before you take her with you!! lol

·
Team Hr jones
5,842 Posts

west peir thats were i got hooked make the most of it before the tossers build houses or something on it

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I was talking to an angler last night who caught his first fish exactly..... 71 years ago at the age of 6, not only can he remember the day, he remembers everything about that day;
angling, a sport for life

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

i would try the mumbles pier in a month or 2 the macky+garfish should be in then i wish u+ur daughter the best of luck m8 i hope she enjoyes it.TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Take her to Mumbles Pier, off the end, use rag or mackeral baited shrimp(small feather) rigs you'll catch as many wrasse/pollack/smelt as you want.My son and I went down a couple of weeks ago,for about 50 fish,didn't go more than 5 minutes without a bite on the shrimp rigs fished straight down the side.

·
Registered
226 Posts

What i found best was when i took my 3 children(a boy of 8, 1 girl of 6 and 1 of 4) was to go somewhere like Weymouth harbour or Brixham, simple because it seems safe as there is no deep drop like a pier but steps down to the waters edge, easy to keep an eye on, give them all a crab line and a bucket, we soon had plenty of crabs which kept them there for hours, loved it.
The next step was some cheap spinning kits you see for a £10er, set up, cast out, hook the fish and let them reel in, to see there faces when they see a little Wrasse on the end is great.
As long as the fish, crabs etc are there they wont get bored,
all the best and good luck:clap3:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What can I say thaks to you all think mumbles may be a winner. If all goes well I might have an very good reason for father dauhter bonding to get line wet more often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts