World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents
I'm looking to try a bit of spinning for bass this year, the choice of rods is mind boggling but I have decided to go with a well known maker in abu. There are two rods I'm looking at, one is the vendetta and the other the venerate. If anybody has any experiance of either that would be great. Also what is the difference between 24 ton carbon and 30 ton carbon and how does this affect the rod. I'm torn between 8 or 9 ft rod and 30 or 40 grams again any thoughts would be greatfully received. I know there are better more expensive rod out there but I want to make sure it's something I enjoy before chucking a lot of money at it
Many thanks in advance Brian
PS
Its to be teamed with a Diawa crossfire 30, and will be used mostly in the open sea around rock marks

WSF Primary Administrator.
Hi gents
I'm looking to try a bit of spinning for bass this year, the choice of rods is mind boggling but I have decided to go with a well known maker in abu. There are two rods I'm looking at, one is the vendetta and the other the venerate. If anybody has any experiance of either that would be great. Also what is the difference between 24 ton carbon and 30 ton carbon and how does this affect the rod. I'm torn between 8 or 9 ft rod and 30 or 40 grams again any thoughts would be greatfully received. I know there are better more expensive rod out there but I want to make sure it's something I enjoy before chucking a lot of money at it
PS
Its to be teamed with a Diawa crossfire 30, and will be used mostly in the open sea around rock marks
Welcome to the Lure fishing forums :)

The 24 ton and 30 ton figures relate to the materials used in the blanks.

The higher figure should give more rigidity within the blank.

The 30g kind of top end is plenty for the kind of lures you may be using for UK based fishing and 9 foot is a nice length to use.

Some use longer and some use shorter rods etc.

Remember no question is to small as the lads on these lure fishing forums love to help out :)

Registered
Jack, go for the 9ft option mate and 30g as most of the lures you use will be between 10-25g.

Do you know how good those rods are with soft lures? Definitely worth considering.

Registered
Hi gents
PS
Have a look at the HTO lure game rod, it`s a nice starter rod..

Registered
A slightly shorter rod but you can't beat the Savage Gear Bushwhacker to get started with :victory:.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the replies
Welcome to the Lure fishing forums

The 24 ton and 30 ton figures relate to the materials used in the blanks.

The higher figure should give more rigidity within the blank.

The 30g kind of top end is plenty for the kind of lures you may be using for UK based fishing and 9 foot is a nice length to use.

Some use longer and some use shorter rods etc.

Remember no question is to small as the lads on these lure fishing forums love to help out
Thanks plenty of info in the reply
Jack, go for the 9ft option mate and 30g as most of the lures you use will be between 10-25g.

Do you know how good those rods are with soft lures? Definitely worth considering
I have no idea how good or bad the rods are with soft or hard lures, only that they come from a good stable in ABU. I had a look at the 9 ft rods in the my price range and they all seem to be 40 to 45 gram casting weight as a applies to both rods suggested below.
A slightly shorter rod but you can't beat the Savage Gear Bushwhacker to get started with
Have a look at the HTO lure game rod, it`s a nice starter rod..
I could just about stretch the bank overdraft to afford these but neither fall into the suggested length or casting weight. What do you think these slightly more expensive rods will give me over my suggested rods. I can see this is not going to be easy lol

Registered
I could just about stretch the bank overdraft to afford these but neither fall into the suggested length or casting weight.
The HTO comes in 9ft and casts up to 40g, which is what you wanted, it`s only around the 拢60 mark.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::victory:Thanks again cabin boy going to nip down asstastic and have a look at one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts