World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After drawing yet another blank today, I'm starting to get a little suspicious……

my main concern is that in the last 6 months I've been giving sea fishing a go in aberdeenshire, I'm yet to see another angler….
i think I'm in the right spots, as theres always the odd little bit of fishing line, rig packets, odd rod part etc… but no fishermen….. (reminds me of "fight club")
I'm fishing around 2 hours either side of high tide….. a mix of rag worm, mackerel/squid and lures (today only lures),
but not a sausage, not even a sausage roll!!……. thinking of giving it a go tomorrow night (depending on tide times) just to tick off the last box….

Any Tips for a frustrated North East Angler

Cheers

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
After drawing yet another blank today, I'm starting to get a little suspicious……

my main concern is that in the last 6 months I've been giving sea fishing a go in aberdeenshire, I'm yet to see another angler….
i think I'm in the right spots, as theres always the odd little bit of fishing line, rig packets, odd rod part etc… but no fishermen….. (reminds me of "fight club")
I'm fishing around 2 hours either side of high tide….. a mix of rag worm, mackerel/squid and lures (today only lures),
but not a sausage, not even a sausage roll!!……. thinking of giving it a go tomorrow night (depending on tide times) just to tick off the last box….

Any Tips for a frustrated North East Angler

Cheers
I will be at scotstown(not sure if the council car park or the graveyard) trough the day and probably Gamrie at night...if the wife lets me... :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Fish baits for the first venue and lug and fish baits for the second.
Regards
Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will try my best to get to scotstown tomorrow……. only got a 10ft rock and pier…. is that enough for that beach??

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Eu pensei que era Scotstown na quarta-feira, olho do cu
It is... but i am in holidays and is nothing wrong in getting a turbot before you...AGAIN ....saying that maybe i give you a chance and only fish Gamrie tomorrow...or maybe not :thumbs: :thumbs: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:
Regards
Tony

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Will try my best to get to scotstown tomorrow……. only got a 10ft rock and pier…. is that enough for that beach??
That's plenty,clean sandy beach,you could fish there with a carp rod...hopefully the sea weed is not to bad...i just had a look at the weather and doesn't look that good.
Regards
Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might give it a miss tomorrow, not only the weather seems rough, but my other halfs reaction when i broached the subject was around a force 4!!
hopefully we can catch up sometime though…..

is the same as the second rule of Fight Club…..

Cheers

G

·
Sunday got best tide and times for Scotstown and wind about best you going to get this time of year................but if you want to go out fish crap tide, get yourself worked up, do your mad frustrated sand dance, celebrate weed fish captures, on you go Tony........................be turbot caught on Sunday though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts