World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For me last week was dire. The mullet twice forgot to turn up for our appointment. I've still to have my first mackerel of the year, but speaking to other anglers I'm not alone there. I revisited an old favourite mark at Giltar point that's always been kind to me, but only winkled out one small schoolie that fell to a longin funky dart.
With tides dropping this week I decided to stay closer to home and fish the morning ebb yesterday. A crosswind was stronger than I'd like but at least there was some cloud cover. A small bass took a spitting wire I was testing out, proving at least it works if you can avoid the dam thing wrapping around the leader.

Sun broke through the clouds and the swimmers arrived killing the fishing, so I left it until evening. Tidal range wasn't perfect, meaning I'd not have a big window if I wanted to avoid drowning but would be doable if I kept my wits about me while boulder hopping. A slightly better bass fell to a patchinko but nothing else.

Conditions look promising this week, if you ignore the varying winds, so hopes are high of a decent session coming soon.

Registered
For me last week was dire. The mullet twice forgot to turn up for our appointment. I've still to have my first mackerel of the year, but speaking to other anglers I'm not alone there. I revisited an old favourite mark at Giltar point that's always been kind to me, but only winkled out one small schoolie that fell to a longin funky dart.
With tides dropping this week I decided to stay closer to home and fish the morning ebb yesterday. A crosswind was stronger than I'd like but at least there was some cloud cover. A small bass took a spitting wire I was testing out, proving at least it works if you can avoid the dam thing wrapping around the leader.
View attachment 1389250
Sun broke through the clouds and the swimmers arrived killing the fishing, so I left it until evening. Tidal range wasn't perfect, meaning I'd not have a big window if I wanted to avoid drowning but would be doable if I kept my wits about me while boulder hopping. A slightly better bass fell to a patchinko but nothing else.
View attachment 1389251
Conditions look promising this week, if you ignore the varying winds, so hopes are high of a decent session coming soon.
Thats good news, been out a handfull of times with the lures only one bass so far about 2lb. Have since gone back to dirty bait and have caught a few small keepers, but i will be back on the lures this week in evenings 馃.

Registered
I've found this year to be very slow on the lures for bass but did start early although have caught early before. Previous marks showing nothing. I caught 2 to 48cm this weekend, prior to that x4 in 1 May session then nothing. 15 blanks this season. Nice to be out though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts